• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Keys -which one would sell for the most

11 posts in this topic

Of these books, which one would sell for the most assuming CGC 9.4,

with at least Off-White pages and Non-Pedigree issues. Any guess on the final sale price (assuming a relatively quick sale).

Journey into Mystery #83

Tales of Suspense #39

X-Men #1

so far if I remember correctly we have seen an XMen sell for 57K, a JIM for 38K and I dont know of any public sale of a TOS in 9.4.

The XMen was pretty recent and the JIM was what 2 years ago, with no sales since. Right now Pedigree is asking 100K for the TOS in 9.6 and 85K for the JIM in 9.4 . So basing these numbers on the percentage off the ask price that other Vault books sold for, Id guess:

JIM = 65-70K

TOS = little more than half the 9.6 would bring, so lets say 45-50

and XMen = maybe a little increase over the 57K the last one sold for since a 9.6 sold for 115K, but not a whole lot more.

do you have one for sale?? 893whatthe.gif

Well based on what I think:

JIM

TOS

X-Men

What order they probably would go in:

JIM

X-Men

TOS

Agree with ya. Don't forget that X 1 is more common in 9.4, there is probably more demand for it (I can't even fathom spending those big bux on a book 893whatthe.gif)

It's fun to contemplate sales of these three books in 9.4, but just a wee bit beyond my sphere of collecting. frustrated.gif

There are significant numbers of sales of these keys in 8.0, however, and I believe the "rank-order" of pricing in that case has been clearcut: X-Men 1 > JIM 83 > TOS 39 (5K,4K, and 3K roughly). Being the earliest of the books, the JIM is likely the more uncommon in high grade, but there is certainly most demand for the more common X-Men. All 3 of these books have seen substantial price appreciations in the last couple of years, as the demand for early Marvel keys just never seems to wane.