• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Superior Spider-Man?

204 posts in this topic

So...

I guess Peter has been hiding out in the computer network of spider bots

(shrug) yea. SS #25 was no big deal. Kinda lame. Now that we know, just bring him back and get on with whatever you're going to do with Spiderman

I stopped reading a few issues in. I'm going to the comic book store to pickup #25 later today. Maybe I was to quick to judge the series.

Issue #25 looks really good, it's a huge oversized issue. Stopped reading around issue #5, picking it back up at #25. Hope the last few issues don't disappoint

How messed up is Marvel's flagship character when more people are interested in reading about one of his villains than the hero himself? :grin:

It makes sense Marvel is returning to the status quo. Any reader of Spider-Man knows this is Marvel's MO. Now we can just hope they see it is financial beneficial to also publish a Doc Ock as Spidey title along with the Peter Parker as Spidey title.

Ok just read the ASM 700.whatever books...

What was the purpose of these?

When I first saw them I was under the impression they were going to "advance" Peters return. Like some sort of extension of 700 and when Doc Ock took over.

These did none of that. They were just short spidey stories that weren't in continuity.

Why bother with these?

Ok just read the ASM 700.whatever books...

What was the purpose of these?

When I first saw them I was under the impression they were going to "advance" Peters return. Like some sort of extension of 700 and when Doc Ock took over.

These did none of that. They were just short spidey stories that weren't in continuity.

Why bother with these?

As I understand it, they were extra stories that the Spidey office had sitting around. Rather than leave them to rot in a drawer, they published them and made a few bucks in the process.

Shame on me for thinking that Parker would stay dead.

Superior really wasn't bad though, I enjoyed it.

The price of ASM 700 will drop and those who over payed might be upset. What I really want to know is how long the "new" amazing Spider-man numbering will last until they revert back to the 700's. Much like they did with vol 2.

Do you think there is any correlation between Superman #75 and ASM #700 as far as bringing old readers back into the market ? I do. I don't remember as many people jumping back in after the death of Captain America but the other 2 seemed to jumpstart the market again.

Do you think there is any correlation between Superman #75 and ASM #700 as far as bringing old readers back into the market ? I do. I don't remember as many people jumping back in after the death of Captain America but the other 2 seemed to jumpstart the market again.

Yeah, but you have to remember it is SUPERMAN and SPIDER-MAN. Cap was not as big a deal as he is now because of the Avengers.