• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never understood why...

66 posts in this topic

I bet this is the last we hear from "Walt Flanagan".

AMC cancelled Comic Book Men? Woo-hoo! Best news of the day!

Why?

Whether you like the show or completely agree with all the information they share; ins't publicity good for the hobby (i.e. good for the value of your books)?

Good. Now I can get the entire thing on disc and see what all the hubbub is about

:gossip: netflix...

AMC cancelled Comic Book Men? Woo-hoo! Best news of the day!

Why?

Whether you like the show or completely agree with all the information they share; ins't publicity good for the hobby (i.e. good for the value of your books)?

Good. Now I can get the entire thing on disc and see what all the hubbub is about

:gossip: netflix...

The original joke was somewhat funny, I got it.....

5reh1.jpg

lol Which was the funny part? And it is on netflix, Senormac can watch it whenever he wants. :sumo:

That it's not really canceled.

It was a joke about how Walt Flanagan won't be seen again...because he's a shill, that was turned into a joke about Comic Book Men being canceled, which hasn't happened....which every since has run with with posts that run from a defense of the show, to a defense of Kevin Smith, to alternative avenues to partake of the show.

lol Which was the funny part? And it is on netflix, Senormac can watch it whenever he wants. :sumo:

It was a joke about how Walt Flanagan won't be seen again...because he's a shill, that was turned into a joke about Comic Book Men being canceled, which hasn't happened....which every since has run with with posts that run from a defense of the show, to a defense of Kevin Smith, to alternative avenues to partake of the show.

But what was the funny part? :baiting:

But what was the funny part? :baiting:

As of right now?

The 4 dudes that didn't get it. lol

Oi, the huge manatee...

I don't have anything against Kevin Smith. I just don't like the show. It annoys the heck out of me...so I don't watch it. I would not celebrate its' being cancelled, though; it was just a joke.

No worries, I missed the "joke" too lol

Who's shill are you? meh

:makepoint: Not all new members are shills.

Let me ask this. How many brand new members start up a b-day thread for me on their first post? (shrug)

O o... someone forgot which member they were locked in as...

hm

I don't have cable. I don't watch television. I don't have netflix. :sorry:

I know..... I'm stone age but I live this way on purpose, so that I will spend as little time as possible with my azz on the couch watching instead of doing something productive. The temptation is just too great (shrug)

Who's shill are you? meh

Let me ask this. How many brand new members start up a b-day thread for me on their first post? (shrug)

I think you may be right Dr. hm

why on earth would anyone want to "submit" a comic through a dealer?

you submit a rare high grade book through a dealer and there is no way to maintain privacy. the dealer knows who you are, they can heckle you about selling and they could even switch the books on you.

there's just too much that could go wrong and nothing positive about using "option #3"

You don't have to become a member. :foryou:

There is a very long list of member dealers who have links to submit with a 10% discount.

Option 3:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Submitting.aspx

Who's shill are you? meh

I think you may be right Dr. hm

FAIL!

why on earth would anyone want to "submit" a comic through a dealer?

you submit a rare high grade book through a dealer and there is no way to maintain privacy. the dealer knows who you are, they can heckle you about selling and they could even switch the books on you.

there's just too much that could go wrong and nothing positive about using "option #3"

You don't have to become a member. :foryou:

There is a very long list of member dealers who have links to submit with a 10% discount.

Option 3:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Submitting.aspx

You are missing the option 3 point

The dealer has nothing to do with anything but give you 10% off

The dealer likely doesn't give a dam if your alive

:)

great information. Thank you.

Don't be duped

Since this comes up every so often, and the last thread was hijacked, and CGC intentionally (?) makes things murky (like omitting the 2 check marks on "Direct Submissions" and "10% Discount" when you sign up for a Free membership), here you go.

The basic point is: you do NOT have to sign up for ANYTHING to submit your comics directly to CGC by yourself. AND you still get a 10% discount for free. There is no membership that you have to have to submit books to CGC, none.

You do NOT have to pay a CGC membership fee of $109 or $39 - submitting comics to CGC is free (in this sense).

You do NOT have to sign up for anything at all - you do NOT have to be a member of the chat boards, or the Collectors Society, or any other website.

You do NOT have to submit books through an authorized dealer or your local LCS. Your books go from your hands directly to CGC, no middleman is required.

How to submit your books to CGC for free and also get a 10% discount on services:

1. Click this link: http://www.cgccomics.com/services/how_to_submit.asp Here you will see 3 ways of submitting. You'll want Option # 3.

2. Click on any retailer you want, pick your fave. Since Superworld is local and Ted is cool, we'll use his link.

3. You are sent from CGC's site to here, his website: http://www.superworldcomics.com/ Go to the bottom left and find the CGC "10% off" logo/link. Click on it.

4. You will then be directed back to the Collectors Society page: http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&;;affiliate=SW

That is all Superwolrd has to do with it. You do NOT send your books to Superworld, you do NOT send them money, you don't do anything at all with Superworld. (This may be the step that confuses people, as it really makes no sense).

5. Read the important instructions at the bottom of the page, and then fill out the forms, print them out, and include them in your package. There is a link on the above page that will help you pack your comics if that's a worry. Then YOU mail your books directly to CGC. No one but YOU, the mailman, and CGC are involved. The only payment made is to CGC for slabbing the books.

:thumbsup: