• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why am I not seeing threads with new posts highlighted?

22 posts in this topic

I'm still having problems. My own posts show up as new in "my favorites", as well as posts by others that I've already read. Legitimate new posts are not being flagged as such.

This is a more complicated issue than the coloration of new posts, as it's not actually detecting new posts correctly. It's likely something we'll need to report to the developers of this software and wait for a fix.

Arch, not sure if this will help to de-bug, but here is what I am seeing:

Using "the blues" stylesheet, I now do get threads with new posts highlighted in a different shade of blue. thumbsup2.gif What's odd, is that some threads also have highlighted text (white text on blue background). These are threads that are entirely new since my last visit, or are threads I haven't read in a while (24 hours perhaps?). Contrast that with other threads also with new posts: These have the same blue highlighted background, but the text is not highlighted. The difference seems to be whether I recently visited the particular thread.

• Administrator

Yep. Your browser will to some extent keep track of "visited links" versus "unvisited". How long the browser remembers whether it's visited something is a setting you make in the browser itself.

However, we can (and did) assign different colors to a visited link versus a never-before-clicked link. So you will see threads that your browser thinks you've never seen before in a bright white (if you're using TheBlues) and threads that you have been to but which may have new posts will be highlighted in the darker blue color, but will have grey-ish text.

If you're using IE, if you go to "Tools" at the top and "Internet Options" under the "General" tab there's a setting called "Days to keep pages in history". Your browser will remember visited links over whatever period of time is set there.

Arch