• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why am I not seeing threads with new posts highlighted?

22 posts in this topic

From a post Arch made a few days ago:

It also seems that some of the stylesheets that you can pick from to make the board display in different colors have lost their new thread highlighting. Send me a PM if yours is messed up, with the name of the stylesheet you use.

I'll have to write Arch... mine is set to CS Contrast.

When I go to "My Home", I'll see nothing indicating that there are new posts, but when I go to the thread, there are new ones.

I'm having the exact same problem. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had to change my style sheet to CS Contrast to get the thread highlights back.

That's the only style I find to be readable. I don't like the colors in it and wish I could have "the blues" back, but most of the others have alternating row colors which are almost the same as the highlight colors, making it difficult to distinguish which rows are highlighted and which are just alternatingly colored. Christo_pull_hair.gif

OR maybe a blue this dark? I dunno... I kind of thought that was too strong.

Yeah, the dark blue is a bit much now. I might go back to CS.

BTW, I wanted to try Infopop 2, but the shading in that scheme is non-existant.

Thanks for your help. flowerred.gif

tweaked version of "the blues" is much better. thank you!

i'd rather have a garish contrast than an indiscernable one.

It is a bit garish, but it's definitely more discernable and a definite improvement.

Besides being garish because it's too dark, it's now so dark that the black text doesn't contrast enough with it, making the text in highlighted posts difficult to read. My suggestion would be to either leave it like it is, change the text color of higlighted posts to white (I think this is how it was before), or to pick a shade of blue somewhere between the previous shade and the current one. The lighter it gets, the more readable the black text will become.

• Administrator
I'm still having problems. My own posts show up as new in "my favorites", as well as posts by others that I've already read. Legitimate new posts are not being flagged as such.

This is a more complicated issue than the coloration of new posts, as it's not actually detecting new posts correctly. It's likely something we'll need to report to the developers of this software and wait for a fix.