• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #66 - 1st Warlock (in his cocoon)

7 posts in this topic

My (second to last) PGM post of 2013! Well, or 2014 depending on when you see this...

Anyhow, Warlock comes and Warlock goes. He dies, he comes again, he goes into his cocoon, he emerges. Part of that whole savior archetype thing, I guess.

Well, here he is for your grading pleasure.

Pages are off-white. Very mild spine roll. Staples in good shape. Pressable NCBCs.

Thanks as always and happy new year!

For hi res images, clicking on image that appears when following the link will zoom in.

Hi Res - front

Hi Res - rear

xpphF43l.jpg

3JBvmDKl.jpg

Anyhow, Warlock comes and Warlock goes. He dies, he comes again, he goes into his cocoon, he emerges. Part of that whole savior archetype thing, I guess.

This connotation was very much added later on by Roy Thomas, when he made him into a sort of Christ-like figure for the Counter-Earth population (as opposed to the Man-Beast).

I think in the original vision of Stan and Jack the element could have been surely present, but it was more a reflection upon the presumpion of man to create the "perfect man" and thus the final words about "the son of man" pronounced by Him. :)

I agree on a 5.5. :)