• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying this again? Please grade this FF 48

15 posts in this topic

Don't change the resolution/dpi. Just change the image size. Or if you want to leave the image full size, get an image hosting account for cheap at www.datazap.net, upload the file there, and link to the image here.

Or you can email the scans to me at sbonagof@aol.com and I'll shrink them down and host these ones for you.

Don't change the resolution/dpi. Just change the image size. Or if you want to leave the image full size, get an image hosting account for cheap at www.datazap.net, upload the file there, and link to the image here.

Or you can email the scans to me at sbonagof@aol.com and I'll shrink them down and host these ones for you.

FFB, a noble offer . . .

HH, What's a HiggHawker?

As FFB said, your issue is with image size not with resolution. You need to use a photo editor like Adobe Photo Deluxe, MS Picture Editor or Corel Picture Editor or some such to size your photos and compress them. Your scanning software typically does not do this, but it does generally come with a separate photo-editing application.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'd have given this a 7.5 too, but i had a similar #48 copy come back 7.5 last year with no corner bump, so I'm going to say a very solid 7.0. Just my humble (and most-of -the-time) close guestimation... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to everyone for their help!!! I'm thinking a 7.0 ???

FFB, a special thanks for taking your time and posting the scans, I'll work on it!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

DIV- About your question on what is a Higghawker? You almost ned to be a Missourian to understand, but here goes: I live in Missouri which is Mizzou Tiger country. I. since my parents are grads of Kansas U, was raised a Jayhawker! My hometown is Higginsville, MO., so I am a Higginsville Jayhawk fan, A Higghawker!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again everyone, this board is by far the best on the net!!!!! William - Higghawker yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I'd have given this a 7.5 too, but i had a similar #48 copy come back 7.5 last year with no corner bump, so I'm going to say a very solid 7.0. Just my humble (and most-of -the-time) close guestimation... thumbsup2.gif

I agree. I think the creased URC and the frayed ULC would drop it below 7.5.

7.0 or 6.5 on a strict day IMO.

Nice colors! takeit.gif

I agree. I think the creased URC and the frayed ULC would drop it below 7.5.

7.0 or 6.5 on a strict day IMO.

Nice colors! takeit.gif

I think his book would get a 7.0, maybe a 7.5 if he's lucky. Just for comparison, here's a CGC 7.0, which I had also graded a 7.0 before submission:

FF48 7.0

I think his book would get a 7.0, maybe a 7.5 if he's lucky. Just for comparison, here's a CGC 7.0, which I had also graded a 7.0 before submission:

FF48 7.0

I agree that the book in question is nicer than the 7.0 on Comiclink. But I think the book on Comiclink is overgraded... that top edge is way too rough for a 7.0 IMO.

I agree that the book in question is nicer than the 7.0 on Comiclink. But I think the book on Comiclink is overgraded... that top edge is way too rough for a 7.0 IMO.

For instance, this CGC 7.0 is much nicer than both books.

confused-smiley-013.gif

The book on ComicLink isn't overgraded. The top looks worse in the scan than in person. It's just rough overflash on top, along with a small tear. The URC is abraded as well. But the book overall is very tight. As I said, I had graded it 7.0 before I submitted it.

The other 7.0 in ComicLink has to have some defect that isn't showing up in the scan. That book looks more like a 9.0 than a 7.0.

gossip.gif

I agree. If the book looks like it should be in the 9's but got a 7.0 there is probably a stain (or another hidden defect) somewhere to detract it, cause that 7.0 looks pretty awsome as far as mechanics are concerned. I've experienced this first hand.