• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The boards, where best intentions are turned into your worst nightmare.

292 posts in this topic

Hmm, that doesn't scream out "different comic!" to me. Is that the same little wear are the bottom edge, about 20% in from the right? And it seems like the cover is about the same amount smaller than the interior pages, based on the little bit of orange you can see next to the N. Are all copies like that?

The second scan is pretty low res so it's difficult to compare...

:gossip: what about the color breaking crease on the bottom right cover?

Hmm, that doesn't scream out "different comic!" to me. Is that the same little wear are the bottom edge, about 20% in from the right? And it seems like the cover is about the same amount smaller than the interior pages, based on the little bit of orange you can see next to the N. Are all copies like that?

The second scan is pretty low res so it's difficult to compare…

+1

The color being different is the only thing that stands out and that is the resolution of the photo.

The spines look very similar though.

Yeah, two different scanners with different settings and you'll get that every time.

It is tough to tell on a modern. It looks like the same book to me with slightly more wear. Has the same exact flaws in multiple areas.

Plus the big ding in the lower right, which I imagine is what the fuss is all about.

It is tough to tell on a modern. It looks like the same book to me with slightly more wear. Has the same exact flaws in multiple areas.

Plus the big ding in the lower right, which I imagine is what the fuss is all about.

That's what it look alike to me.

Didn't want to say it, but people are assuming eBay, but it was actually done here. It was months ago and don't remember the buyer.

Happened to me once. I refunded some dough and moved on. I'll never deal with this jerk-wad again.

I don't think it is nice to not out scammers, and thereby just let the next boarder get scammed.

who said I didn't out him, and I was not asking for an opinion.

That's what it look alike to me.

+1 I'd bet a dollar that's the same book most probably damaged in route.

No, they did not say that the package was damaged. The said this, "obviously this was dropped on a corner and got nailed". I packaged this with cardboard 11" x 7.5" and I use 2-3 pieces of cardboard.

I don't remember if sent in a box, but how I send it would have to have been crushed a lot to do any sort of damage. I package very well.

The second scan is pretty low res so it's difficult to compare...

Judging by these pictures, it could be the same copy (the wear at the bottom edge is very similar).

At the very least, as Speedy said, the comparison between them definitely doesn't scream "different comic". (shrug)

Did the seller say the package had damage?

No, they didn't.

Doesn't make any sense. That's the same book, and he claims no damage? Then he either did that himself, on accident, or on purpose.