• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic book shops NYC area

31 posts in this topic

lol I used to get so annoyed by the old-timers who would come into every new thread kvetching about how it'd been done before. But my o my, it does seem like every thread has been done at least five times before.

Anyway, there are some good threads about comic stores in NYC. I'm with jaybuck, Roger's is a good time, and he's a very cool and personable fellow.

You can always make an appointment and visit Metro. They have some mind blowing OA, movie posters, etc covering the walls. You can also search their site and they will pull the books and have them ready when you arrive. Vincent is very cool. Well worth making the visit.

I filled a ton of my SA DC runs at Roger's. He's not the guy to go see if you're looking for CGC or uber high grade, but if you want to enjoy yourself at a comic store, talk comics, and walk away with some good stuff without getting gouged, you can do a heck of a lot worse.

hey is Roger's still open or is it now called Mysterious Time Machine on 418 6th Ave & W 9th St? I google mapped it and can't find the store. is it hidden somewhere or up on another floor?

i am going to NYC in 2 weeks and really think this is the place for me as i am a back issue SA, BA collector. I would really want to check this place out at it seems like the kind of comic shop i remember is the late 70's/early 80's

Roger takes credit cards now actually.

But seconded on Roger's. It's the only old school comic shop that has a nice array of back issues. Roger is great to talk to and you'll always have a fun time there. Best comic shop in NYC hands down. And he never overcharges.

I miss the old location, but rent is insane in NYC.

Metropolis has an amazing suite of back issues but you need to know what you want beforehand and make an appointment. It's not a place that you can drop by and look through their back issues. They hav super high grade and rare books. Cool guys there also.

Just know its cash only. There are a couple ATMs nearby but bring cash it makes things easier. And yea he will chat with you for hours.

ok. sorry guys but i still don't have an answer to my question of the whereabouts of roger's because i heard he closed down the original shop and opened a new one. the new address listed on yelp doesn't show anything when i google street it. maybe i missed something but just not sure. I just want to get there and am not sure where to go

ok. sorry guys but i still don't have an answer to my question of the whereabouts of roger's because i heard he closed down the original shop and opened a new one. the new address listed on yelp doesn't show anything when i google street it. maybe i missed something but just not sure. I just want to get there and am not sure where to go

Here you go. He changed the name, that's probably what's throwing you. I still have to get down there!

https://foursquare.com/v/mysterious-island/4b4e4313f964a52046e726e3

thanks so is the place below street level? some of these pictures on that link seem to be of his old place i think. there is a picture of it below street level but like i said i can't seem to locate it off google maps street view. on the google maps street view there is a Lenny's sammy shop. is it right by there?