• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney Moves 'Star Wars' Comics License to Marvel

41 posts in this topic

Dark Empire Issue 4 was when Boba Fett was raised from the dead. The explanation given if I recall correctly was that the Sarlacc found him undigestible.

Dark Empire Issue 4 was when Boba Fett was raised from the dead. The explanation given if I recall correctly was that the Sarlacc found him undigestible.

The three-novel Bounty Hunter Wars from Bantam books in the mid-late 90's explained how he not only got out of, but killed the Sarlacc. That was also the cause of why he was deformed after that, due to the Sarlacc's acidity slowly eating away at his armor and his skin. :insane:

The three-novel Bounty Hunter Wars from Bantam books in the mid-late 90's explained how he not only got out of, but killed the Sarlacc. That was also the cause of why he was deformed after that, due to the Sarlacc's acidity slowly eating away at his armor and his skin. :insane:

DE came out in 92 though... Holy ... it's been over twenty years since that happened.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Empire_4:_Confrontation_on_the_Smugglers'_Moon

DE came out in 92 though... Holy ... it's been over twenty years since that happened.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Empire_4:_Confrontation_on_the_Smugglers'_Moon

I thought it was his armor that saved him, but it discomposed from the stomach acids when he came out of it, where then another bounty hunter found him butt naked in the desert? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was his armor that saved him, but it discomposed from the stomach acids when he came out of it, where then another bounty hunter found him butt naked in the desert? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No I think you are right. (Catching up on my SCOTUS cases and Boba Fett at the same time.)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

No I think you are right. (Catching up on my SCOTUS cases and Boba Fett at the same time.)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

Found it.
After conversing with a fellow captive, the Choi known as Susejo, Fett discovered that this being was actually psychologically connected to the Sarlacc—and it was this advantage that he used to goad the creature into contracting around his jet pack, igniting the device and providing his means of escape, killing the Sarlacc in the process. The resulting explosion, combined with the beast's acidic stomach juices, left Fett on the verge of death. As he lay dying on the surface of Tatooine, his colleague Dengar was searching for anything valuable left from the explosion, but found Boba Fett instead, and nursed him back to health.

Anybody know Dark Maul`s first appearance in Dark Horse Comics?

He is by far my favorite new Star Wars character.

tv_star_wars_clone_wars_trailer2.jpg

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (TPB) and

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 1 (2 covers)

Both release on May 5, 1999. The Darth Maul appearance in issue 1 is the last page of the issue if I recall correctly.

Both release on May 5, 1999. The Darth Maul appearance in issue 1 is the last page of the issue if I recall correctly.

But is that his first full appearance, or does it just show him with his name.

But is that his first full appearance, or does it just show him with his name.

?

He is in one panel on the last page so I guess that would be called a cameo. His appearance in issue 2 is more substantial although it too is brief and he is featured on the cover for issues 3 and 4. All 4 issues of the mini-series have 2 covers. Since the TPB has all the issues (and covers) and pre-dates issue 2-4, I would think that would be the comic to own if you want Darth Maul's 1st comic appearance.

Like most things Star Wars, none of these issues are hard to find. The TPB can routinely be had for $1 - $2 since so many of them were printed.

That's it. The top 4 for the month were Star Wars titles. Nothing else Dark Horse put out that month, including the myriad of Hellboy titles, even come close to the 2 best selling Star Wars titles. And the Star Wars TPBs are usually Dark Horse's best selling trades too.

A lot of Dark Horse material isn't monthly, and a lot of their material is reprint collections. A lot fo their material is toys and collectibles. I'd say less than half of what they actually put out is even eligible for this list.

Also, they aren't paying for one of the most expensive licenses in comics when they sell a creator owned comic.

That picture isn't actually Darth Maul, that's his brother, Savage Opress.

And the one thing I that DO Like about Marvel getting the license back is that I'm betting real OMNIBUS editions will come out of the original series!

(I loved Infantino's run on the series when I was a kid! Simonson's stuff was great too.)