• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Apple Comics Bill Lebowitz RIP

5 posts in this topic

Here's the Newsarama article: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20368

I first met Bill when I was in 4th grade and was in cub scouts with his son Damon. We would meet over at Damon's house and I would be blown away by the walls of records, comic book memorabilia and original Conan The Barbarian art. As I grew older, I would visit Golden Apple Comics on Melrose fairly regularly (I remember getting my folks to drive me there the night Secret Wars #1 came out back in the mid-80's.) Bill was always really nice to me and my family. Because of him I got an extra role in the first Spider-Man movie and passes to see Spider-Man 2 a month before it came out. I feel so sad for Sharon his wife, and wish his family and other folks who will miss the big guy my condolences.