• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does This Have A Shot?

18 posts in this topic

I know about the few minor spine ticks on this, but the rest of the book is super sharp. Bone white pages, extremely bright colors. Picked up a nice little run of these recently from my LCS, and was amazed even though these were not boarded how flat and tight they were.

Do you think it has a shot at a 9.6?

avengers67.jpg

I'd say 9.4 is realistic...

I see two spine creases that break color slightly - are there any others we can't see in the scan? Beyond that, one corner looks slightly blunted, and that's about it...

Nice pickup - it's getting harder to find the BA books in pristine shape at an LCS - either the store owner cherry-picks the good stuff, or some slob bends a corner while leafing through 'em, or they're not stored properly, or there's a flood in the storage room or...

ABSOLUTELY! thumbsup2.gif(Particularly because Garth, who often undergrades God's books, gave it a 9.4 ) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Don't push me, big man! stooges.gif

Seriously, after looking at the book again, and reading the "black marker" comment, I scrutinized the scan again, and am dropping my guesstimate to 9.2 "Why?" you may or may not ask?

- 8 visible spine creases, 4 of which break color

- loss of cover inks in the black area along spine edge (between and above two of the more obvious color-breaking spine creases)

The more I look at it, the more I wonder if it would even get a 9.2... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

GG,

gossip.gifBtw, this is a Silver Age Book any way you shake it gossip.gifsumo.gifmakepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

Much as I enjoy a spirited debate, David, I see no way to refute you current contention... it's SA of course. I guess the fact that comics still had 15-cent cover prices when I first started reading 'em had me hoping that I could shave a few years off my age if I could establish this as being Bronze Age 27_laughing.gif

No worse than 9.4.

Is that a stain down by the wasp?

Aces, If I may, It's a horizontal print smudge or drag - you can see it first as a line, then as a smudge, and then as a line again - all on the same plane. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No worse than 9.4.

Is that a stain down by the wasp?

Aces, If I may, It's a horizontal print smudge or drag - you can see it first as a line, then as a smudge, and then as a line again - all on the same plane. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was thinking the same... Ink smudge.

It might make 9.6 then. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good eye D, thats exactly what it is.

GG, as always thanks for your input, but one thing this book does not lack is any color loss wink.gif

So general feeling from everyone is a positive 9.2 maybe 9.4.

As always, many thanks for taking your time to share your views. This book did come from a very nice collection, and oh yeah in the morning I will post a crazy.gif Hulk 181 from the same collection to get some opinions.