• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Feds found Kal-El when he crashed on earth?

31 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has ever been discussed on here, did a quick search and didn't find anything.

How do you think Superman as we know him would have ended up if he was discovered by the Feds instead of sweet old ma and pa Kent?

He would not have been dissected since they would not have been able to run standard 30's 40's slice and poke tests. He would have been raised in an environment trained to root out fascism and communism assuming that he actually came to Earth in the 1920.

He would not have been dissected since they would not have been able to run standard 30's 40's slice and poke tests. He would have been raised in an environment trained to root out fascism and communism assuming that he actually came to Earth in the 1920.

Good point, really depends on which iteration of the mythology we're talking about...

For some reason my mind went to the Richard Donner movie version even though GA Supes is my favourite by far. I guess part of me will always see Christopher Reeves as the one and only Superman.

does Superman need to eat? Need to drink?

Could he have done either as a baby without the aid?

He may have been discarded/ left for dead as the Agency realizes they can not control him very quickly

(shrug) .

Read Red Son and substitute USA for Russia

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Was this a good story?

lol O, except for the part about reading it! lol I've tried a couple times but could never get into it. But you know me, I don't like hardly any comics unless they're written by Alan Moore.

I always wondered what he would do to the women he may have bedded? Wouldn't they have been completely annihilated?

That's where Power Girl comes in.

The Superman from DC's Tangent Comics imprint is a radically different character from the traditional Superman. Due to an experiment conducted on an entire town by a government black-ops group called Nightwing, Harvey Dent was the lone infant survivor of a failed super-human program that killed hundreds. After growing to adulthood, and falling from the world's tallest building in an attempt to save a suicidal man, his dormant powers activate and he develops advanced physical and psychic abilities. Evolving millions of years past normal humans, he eventually becomes a "modern-day superhero". He is illustrated as a tall, bald, African American man wearing a blue robe, and carrying a staff. This version of Superman has become the most powerful person on Earth. After attempting to give his wife the same powers as his, through what he thought was a safe version of the experiment, which resulted in her apparent death, Superman instead married that reality's version of Power Girl and decided to protect the entire world by conquering it, as seen in Tangent: Superman's Reign. This Earth is numbered Earth-9 in the DC Multiverse.