• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PM Etiquette

867 posts in this topic

So, I get a PM today from a board member who I've never had any interaction with in all my time here but I did post in one of their threads recently expressing an opinion - but I post in a lot of threads and have lots of opinions, not all of them correct or logical. lol

But this PM is weird and could be perceived by some, I suppose, to be vaguely threatening. I don't feel threatened, in fact I laughed so hard when I read it that the wife thought I was having a fit.

But - do I have a duty of care to the boards as a whole to inform others that this person may be somewhat weird, and not in a good way?

Before anybody asks I won't name the boardie publicly but I'm happy to post what was said.

It wasn't that threatening.

I'm going to tickle you like the cuddly little bear-toy that you are.

Goochy Goochy Goo.

I got the same message.

Wait. It was the same message, right?

:blush:

That's the one I sent you.

The only freagin reason I sent the message, was because I felt our 'chemistry' defied all odds....I am sorry I wrote what I wrote, but I thought we had somethin special

The only freagin reason I sent the message, was because I felt our 'chemistry' defied all odds....I am sorry I wrote what I wrote, but I thought we had somethin special

I was upset you were ignoring me.

Apparently I wasn't the only one to get the message so I feel less special now.

You should be ashamed. I have you on ignore. You are dead to me.

I was going to post that, as I know of two other people that received the same PM.

doh!

I was going to post that, as I know of two other people that received the same PM.

doh!

The last bit seems a bit excessive to me.

If it was an ex-girlfriend I could understand.

doh!

The last bit seems a bit excessive to me.

If it was an ex-girlfriend I could understand.

I think it is due to that CG thread concerning a potential scam that was run. Some folks must have come across a little extra rough.

But not you, sugar bear. :foryou:

:cloud9: