• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PM Etiquette

867 posts in this topic

If I were to ignore someone, why on earth would I need to PM them and tell them? That's hardly ignoring someone.

The classy board members do that. Beige did it or me a few times. :cloud9:

You really suck

If I were to ignore someone, why on earth would I need to PM them and tell them? That's hardly ignoring someone.

Yeah...but..........from what I heard...you thoroughly enjoyed it...

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT>>>>

You really suck

I've also heard that... :eek:

Apparently I wasn't the only one to get the message so I feel less special now.

You should be ashamed. I have you on ignore. You are dead to me.

I was going to post that, as I know of two other people that received the same PM.

doh!

Now I feel left out.

(:

-slym

I was going to post that, as I know of two other people that received the same PM.

doh!

i got the same message and sent back a picture of it to the sender, he said it wasn't the message he sent because there was a fold in the corner and he packages his messages really well. He also said he forgot he sent it to me.

So, I get a PM today from a board member who I've never had any interaction with in all my time here but I did post in one of their threads recently expressing an opinion - but I post in a lot of threads and have lots of opinions, not all of them correct or logical. lol

But this PM is weird and could be perceived by some, I suppose, to be vaguely threatening. I don't feel threatened, in fact I laughed so hard when I read it that the wife thought I was having a fit.

But - do I have a duty of care to the boards as a whole to inform others that this person may be somewhat weird, and not in a good way?

Before anybody asks I won't name the boardie publicly but I'm happy to post what was said.

He doesn't know what he's missing. It's all the same once the lights go out.

This thread lost steam sometime after the homoerotic flirtation phase.

yes...not only that, but I also feel...wait..what?.....must've missed that...but it seems you've been saying that about a lot of threads lately.... hm

This thread lost steam sometime after the homoerotic flirtation phase.

yes...not only that, but I also feel...wait..what?.....must've missed that...but it seems you've been saying that about a lot of threads lately.... hm

"We see things not as they are, but as we are..."

:D

-slym

doh!

i got the same message and sent back a picture of it to the sender, he said it wasn't the message he sent because there was a fold in the corner and he packages his messages really well. He also said he forgot he sent it to me.

lol

So, I get a PM today from a board member who I've never had any interaction with in all my time here but I did post in one of their threads recently expressing an opinion - but I post in a lot of threads and have lots of opinions, not all of them correct or logical. lol

But this PM is weird and could be perceived by some, I suppose, to be vaguely threatening. I don't feel threatened, in fact I laughed so hard when I read it that the wife thought I was having a fit.

But - do I have a duty of care to the boards as a whole to inform others that this person may be somewhat weird, and not in a good way?

Before anybody asks I won't name the boardie publicly but I'm happy to post what was said.

Did you receive this message two years ago and are only now just bringing it to our attention? :baiting: