• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing rusted staples = Conserve Label?

8 posts in this topic

Will removing and replacing rusted staples (with same era staples) for the purpose of preventing rust migration be given a conservation label by CGC?

You will more than likely get a green label - "staples replaced". :) But, I would do it nevertheless. Rust never sleeps.

If the rust is not too severe, and migration has yet to occur, you can de-tarnish them by lightly (very lightly) using the eraser from a number 2 pencil to gently rub the staple surface, both at the cover and at the centerfold.

Truth is no one is sure what will end up getting the conserved label. I guess we'll just have to watch and wait.

I have heard the rumor of a conserved label, but did someone at CGC post an announcement ?

Word in Gold Comics was that a communication went out to important people. Which means I only know what those important people have told us.