• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Looks like I need to reboot this club as well since the first post is locked. doh!

Damn you CGC!! :pullhair:

:sorry:

Looks like I need to reboot this club as well since the first post is locked. doh!

Damn you CGC!! :pullhair:

Why don't you talk to the mods about unlocking the first post for you rather than always starting a new thread?

Send a PM to Arch.

Come on Roy... give me a little more credit! :D

I've discussed with Arch already before I started rebooting them again. Apparently once they're locked, they can't be unlocked. Recently the Noob Guide was locked so I have to reboot that as well to make some updates and the mods will have to unsticky the original thread and sticky the new one. :boo:

Come on Roy... give me a little more credit! :D

I've discussed with Arch already before I started rebooting them again. Apparently once they're locked, they can't be unlocked. Recently the Noob Guide was locked so I have to reboot that as well to make some updates and the mods will have to unsticky the original thread and sticky the new one. :boo:

Maybe a solution could be to have periodic updates in the last message rather than in the first. Less immediate, but would circumnavigate the problem of lack of editing to the first post, I guess. hm

The clubs started out having a list that moved through the threads. It was awful trying to remember which page the latest version of the list was on in 8 different clubs. :tonofbricks:

If someone would like to volunteer to do that, by all means go for it. :foryou:

The clubs started out having a list that moved through the threads. It was awful trying to remember which page the latest version of the list was on in 8 different clubs. :tonofbricks:

If the title was edited, like so, to update where the latest updated list was this wouldn't be so tough.

If the title was edited, like so, to update where the latest updated list was this wouldn't be so tough.

That’s a quite good idea. (thumbs u

Great idea mysterio! :golfclap:

You should reboot the thread and do that! :banana:

We don't need to reboot any of them, just update the list occasionally in a new post and edit the title to state the page the latest list is on. Why would a new thread do that better than this one?

(thumbs u

You've done good work here and in the other club threads, no need to tear it down and start over (like has already happened with FF #5). There is nothing wrong with a periodic list update referenced in the thread title. This would work for any thread where the first post locks up.

Great idea mysterio! :golfclap:

You should reboot the thread and do that! :banana:

You can also just put a link for each thread in a draft email on your email account with maybe a date as to when it was last updated.

That way you can just click on the link to find the thread rather than search pages.