• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Production Defects or Just Defects? - Ms. Marvel 1 & NM 100

6 posts in this topic

Checking in here to see if the defects I see on these two comics are production defects or defect-defects.

And, if you wouldn't mind dropping a grade, that would be appreciated, too.

First up, Ms. Marvel #1. Area in question is the top-left on the front cover.

MM_1_FC_I_zps405d57bc.jpg

MM_1_BC_I_zps29a46653.jpg

Next is New Mutants #100. Pretty sure it's a bindery tear at the top of the front cover; wonder if it is another at the bottom. It is more severe and "flips up" part of the cover.

NM_100_FC_B_zpsdaac5345.jpg

NM_100_BC_B_zps4dbd82cc.jpg

Thanks!

-- dave

MM #1 is a defect defect. :grin:

NM#100 - both apper to be bindery tears, but as you point out the bottom one is more severe.

That's what I thought on the MM. Was too happy with the rest of the book to notice it until I got home. Still a good purchase, though.

And on the NM - could sub for a high grade, but it will be a book with a tear in a high grade slab. As long as I include a note to CGC that says, "Please encap this book with the bindery tear flipped down," all is good.

lol

MM #1 is a defect defect. :grin:

NM#100 - both apper to be bindery tears, but as you point out the bottom one is more severe.

That's what I thought on the MM. Was too happy with the rest of the book to notice it until I got home. Still a good purchase, though.

And on the NM - could sub for a high grade, but it will be a book with a tear in a high grade slab. As long as I include a note to CGC that says, "Please encap this book with the bindery tear flipped down," all is good.

lol

Ditto (thumbs u