• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overhang - do you think CGC would be able to slab this book?

7 posts in this topic

I know CGC has changed their inner well since I sent this book in which was years ago. At that time, it was rejected due to the overhang.

Any thoughts on whether it is slabbable? And thoughts on what it might grade?

The pages are very supple and it is attached at the single staple. Really a solid book except for the overhang and back cover mess at the bottom. It is a stain but doe not go through to the pages.

Thanks for your thoughts :foryou:

fightingyank6_zps7e7a9ce6.jpg

fightingyank6back_zps1a161c07.jpg

Send a scan to Matt Nelson and ask him. I recently had a couple of books that had previously been rejected for grading but managed to get through now. Matt can give you an idea if it is possible with this one.

Is the edge trimmed or something else?

Send a scan to Matt Nelson and ask him. I recently had a couple of books that had previously been rejected for grading but managed to get through now. Matt can give you an idea if it is possible with this one.

Is the edge trimmed or something else?

Thanks Jeff. I don't believe there is any trim. Just the overhang with pieces that are barely holding on. I had sent Matt and email when it was rejected from CGC (this was years ago) and at that point, he didn't think there was much that could be done. I will ask him again.

Thanks all for the responses. :)