• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,236 posts in this topic

Finally, someone to talk to abot Pulps. I'm pretty new to these amazing books, but the artwork is just too amazing to pass up.

I find ebay to be way too expensive. I have to sellers whom I buy from, thgeir prices are really good, compared to ebay and Heritage. Heritage is just madness, not to take anything away from someone who bought from them. I did at first, but I could get the same books at half the price elsewhere.

On 5/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, jespernicolaj said:

Finally, someone to talk to abot Pulps. I'm pretty new to these amazing books, but the artwork is just too amazing to pass up.

I find ebay to be way too expensive. I have to sellers whom I buy from, thgeir prices are really good, compared to ebay and Heritage. Heritage is just madness, not to take anything away from someone who bought from them. I did at first, but I could get the same books at half the price elsewhere.

Care to share your other source(s) over PM? 😉

On 5/27/2023 at 12:03 PM, jespernicolaj said:

Welcome to the forums!

On 5/27/2023 at 2:39 PM, OtherEric said:

Adding my voice to the grab Dancing Sandwiches crowd.

Yep. Fredric Brown is a quality author. I pretty much only collect sci-fi, but I'd be tempted to buy that book.

Edited by alecholland

On 5/27/2023 at 2:02 PM, TupennyConan said:

I'm in a bookstore right now. Y'all have any comments on these or their prices?

20230527_145743.jpg

20230527_145720.jpg

Agreed with all others, here, Tupenny.  Those prices look about right to me.  But that Dancing Sandwiches is a good deal.  I still need one of those!  (thumbsu

On 5/27/2023 at 6:53 PM, OtherEric said:

And a couple anthologies to wrap up the day.  The Pennant, in particular, looks unread, with blinding white pages:

Pennant P44.jpg

Star SF Stories 1.jpg

Those are great pick ups. Charles Binger cover on the Pennant and the "Star" looks almost as nice as the one I sold out of the hi grade collection (thumbsu