• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,351 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, BitterOldMan said:

In my quest for bigger and better sleaze….

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.55647d00781aa35bed73ec2c95393348.jpeg

Note the covered cleavage and gloves on retouched cover on the left. Luckily, found the book on the left at my go to place Kayo Books in San Francisco’s Tenderloin.  

Kayo Books is moving down the street, only about one block on the other side of the street.

Thank you for the heads up about KAYO, I’ll hopefully be getting there around Halloween.  Such a spectacular store

On 7/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, BitterOldMan said:

In my quest for bigger and better sleaze….

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.55647d00781aa35bed73ec2c95393348.jpeg

Note the covered cleavage and gloves on retouched cover on the left. Luckily, found the book on the left at my go to place Kayo Books in San Francisco’s Tenderloin.  

Kayo Books is moving down the street, only about one block on the other side of the street.

There's always a lot of bidders when one of those comes up on the 'bay, too many for me to fend off lol

On 7/18/2023 at 11:08 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Must be fiction since that guy's out of his parents basement.

Dope fiends in 1957 would cut you down for a nickel bag and hung out in tenement basements with rats and roaches. Today's Reefer Boy is not quite the same - too busy prepping his man-bun and adjusting the screen on his game station in the aforesaid mom's basement lol

On 7/19/2023 at 6:46 PM, Surfing Alien said:

True Magazine June 1954. Cover art signed by Raymond Johnson. Not on our checklist or Men's Adventure Magazine lists for his work. 

We cast the net wide for our article but there's always avenues that you only know when you are made aware.

This cover is an excellent example of Johnson's sense of humor that I pointed out in the article in Illustration. Dude in the woods is shaving with the edge of an axe. Probably hard (impossible) to do but his buddies look impatient 😂

FB_IMG_1689817488178.thumb.jpg.1901e3f91a5f3b7f0caa2a5173f756b5.jpg

I think they’re getting ready to throw a tourniquet around his neck if he cuts himself

On 6/25/2023 at 3:04 PM, jimjum12 said:

@GACollectibles

Just got this from Andrew :cloud9: Judy always speaks highly of this, her Dad read it with her when she was a kid. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Spoiler

uk4rVgg.jpg

A classic. Here is a cover prelim for the 1973 Ace paperback (also a classic IMO)

Meltzer City cropped.jpg

On 7/25/2023 at 11:03 AM, Robot Man said:

I rarely buy PBs anymore but just had to snag this beauty from the boards very own Catrick!

Always love these street walker covers!

IMG_7121.jpeg

Love the lamp post girls has a Baker feel the way she is dressed