• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,248 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2024 at 8:39 AM, johnenock said:

I saw them but too late! Your threads were like an October or Dale Roberts sale...picked clean.

Only way I was able to buy was to scour the leftovers. I've still managed to find some goodies, but my targets aren't as focused as yours. Lloyd's threads are worth the time simply for the learning experience, even if they've already been decimated. I'm sure you already figured that out. I've actually missed out on a Lloyd jewel and found one later, since I now knew to look. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 1/19/2024 at 11:14 AM, jimjum12 said:

Only way I was able to buy was to scour the leftovers. I've still managed to find some goodies, but my targets aren't as focused as yours. Lloyd's threads are worth the time simply for the learning experience, even if they've already been decimated. I'm sure you already figured that out. I've actually missed out on a Lloyd jewel and found one later, since I now knew to look. GOD BLESS ...

That's what I do as well. This thread and several of the sales threads have been very educational. Books I've seen in this thread and in Lloyd's and other sales threads that I've missed out on get added to my want list. I've managed to find a few a them for sale in other venues later. 

On 1/18/2024 at 10:59 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm new to paperbacks, unless you count buying every Frazetta I could find from 1972-1976. One thing I've found, there are several sellers with whom a Fine minus is pretty enough for most people to stop looking with that copy. Earthman On Venus is a classic to me. A Fine minus might be a smart buy.

I wouldn't mind a stickied thread that lists websites or eBay handles of Boardies who also sell PB's and Pulps. 

GOD BLESS ...

You bought one from me about a month ago (Morton Cooper?)! I don't have many Pulps though. Also sold a sleaze paperback to a different Board member a couple of weeks ago. I've been waiting for photos to appear!