• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,263 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, OtherEric said:

A few from the local store today, they just reopened after a flood caused by a pipe burst during a super cold freeze a few weeks ago.

Any suggestion I grabbed the Monarch specifically to get @Randall Dowling's attention is a vile accuracy.

Monarch 376.jpg

I don't know what you're referring to.  It's not like I have an unusual affinity for titles that include nurses.  Everyone has over a hundred novels about that beautiful profession and let's not act otherwise.  :sumo:

On 3/8/2024 at 6:56 PM, jimjum12 said:

There's a whole lotta rock n roll in the paperback field .... GOD BLESS ...

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

gKWPNmN.jpg

I think of Curt Cobain when I see this title. I knew where I was when the news came out about his death. Do folks in this group feel the same or am I throwing grunge into Beatles? 

On 3/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, GrasshopperFF said:

I think of Curt Cobain when I see this title. I knew where I was when the news came out about his death. Do folks in this group feel the same or am I throwing grunge into Beatles? 

I was lucky enough to see Paul McCartney live in Seattle several years ago.  For the encore, he brought on Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear (who was a touring member of Nirvana.)  So no, I think they fit together just fine.  And it remains the most amazing show I ever saw live, one of those moments where you know you were incredibly lucky to be there that night.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:52 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Pretty sure I posted this one waaay back but none of the keywords are coming up ... :headbang:but "Hell Yeah"

My ability to forget I knew something existed is pretty high, to be fair.  You may have and I can still claim I just learned about it today.

I know I've shown this one before, since we're on the subject.

Dell 0474.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 4:54 PM, jimjum12 said:

Can we still be a member of the team if we like stuff like this? GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

846Lahh.jpg

I'm a huge Beatles fan (fave album: Abbey Road followed by the White Album), but I have some serious PTSD from a bar I inhabited in younger days where the entire bar would break out in a drunken rendition of Yellow Submarine about closing time once a month (:

Cobain is solidly of my generation (X, grew up in a punk/hardcore scene too hip for Nirvana but caught on).  Thought of them this week when I heard this one for the first time ever (visiting lots of late 70s early 80s punk/new wave these days that I missed out on the first time around):

On 3/8/2024 at 8:19 PM, Darwination said:

I'm a huge Beatles fan (fave album: Abbey Road followed by the White Album), but I have some serious PTSD from a bar I inhabited in younger days where the entire bar would break out in a drunken rendition of Yellow Submarine about closing time once a month (:

Cobain is solidly of my generation (X, grew up in a punk/hardcore scene too hip for Nirvana but caught on).  Thought of them this week when I heard this one for the first time ever (visiting lots of late 70s early 80s punk/new wave these days that I missed out on the first time around):

Yeasss!!

On 3/8/2024 at 7:04 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Friday Fun today is this reader copy that I got for the reading as well as the collectability. 

Black Wings Has My Angel by Elliott Chaze.  Gold Medal No. 296   Cover artist unknown.

I got lucky with this as a beater can run you $100 easily.

It's a really tough book in any condition... and tough in the tough noir sense as well, on many "best noir" lists. I picked it up this afternoon and blazed through half of it already and it lives up to its reputation so far.

20240305_140105.thumb.jpg.ab37dbd0731553fd1e3194cdffb2b87d.jpg

Very interested in this one (and would love the original but hell if I'm gonna pay a hundred bucks for a reader), so a modern printing it is.