• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
26 26

7,852 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2024 at 11:39 AM, Darwination said:

Wandered over to the Internet Archive hoping to find a scan of this one (no luck):

s-l1600.jpg

and instead was met with snippets of an album Andy Partridge (XTC) did inspired by Powers artwork o.O

I like Partridge's POWERS CD! 'Spacey' music inspired by Powers' covers. The closest comparison is to 1950's Sci-Fi Movie soundtracks-the ones with theremins. Check it out!

Edited by Book Guy

In today.  A bit obscure, it's an essay on reading that takes the form of a discussion between Travis McGee and Meyer.  Which makes it the last Travis McGee story, although with an important caveat.  The first version was from the Library of Congress, as I understand, and this is a Book Club edition.  Just a hair wider than a normal paperback.

Reading for Survival.jpg

On 7/17/2024 at 7:50 AM, johnenock said:

Just ordered these from Steve:

love.thumb.JPG.d062355e352d9df10e4c051f5a73e710.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, @Pat Calhoun is gonna have a grudge against you now :o

Steve brought his books to the right place.  I have the feeling four or five of us have been like piranhas.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:01 PM, Darwination said:

If I'm not mistaken, @Pat Calhoun is gonna have a grudge against you now :o

Steve brought his books to the right place.  I have the feeling four or five of us have been like piranhas.

My meager collection has increased by an order of magnitude, thanks to Steve, and relatively cheap too. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu