• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$3200 to spend - help me narrow my choices

44 posts in this topic

With a budget of $3200 I would like to pick up a CGC book with the following criteria:

- no cream colored pages

- no rips or writing on front or back cover

- no modern variants

OK, so thanks to the advice and wisdom of a boardie, I have the following title under consideration:

Fantastic Four #1 CGC 3.0

Any other suggestions for a book that you feel has good potential to increase in value over time?

For long term, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 with its limited run and one of the few books of its generation to stand out in the pubic memory.

FF #1, X-Men #1, AF #15, Tales of Suspense #39 - none likely to fall from grace.

[font:Book Antiqua]

$ 3,200 eh...

1) Original Art

2) Mortgage

[/font]

(thumbs u

+1

holy I can't even imagine spending that much on a comic. My most expensive ever is $500 and it was only cause I loved the series (CHEW)

For long term, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 with its limited run and one of the few books of its generation to stand out in the pubic memory.

FF #1, X-Men #1, AF #15, Tales of Suspense #39 - none likely to fall from grace.

words of wisdom!

can't go wrong with FF#1 and X-men #1

no single silver age key has as many first appearances of major blue chip marvel characters as these 2 issues.

Magneto is the Marvel Universes first recognized major Anti-hero before Punisher, truly evil, yet potentially good. There are others but none carried as much gravitas as Mags nor likely ever well. A victim of the holocaust, a mutant faced with intolerance...driven to evil..

fuel for timeless tragedies and epics for generations to come

Of course there is Punisher, Deadpool and Venom, but it was Magneto's blueprint this new class of anti-hero supervillain/hero paradox truly came into being.

And of course FF#1 is a lynchpin in the creative foundation of the Marvel Universe.

With the upcoming movie reboot, potential Inhumans, Kree introduced into the Marvel cinematic world, FF#1 is classic literature !

I would also like to mention all the undervalued high grade silver and bronze keys.\

with 3200 you could stock up on all sorts of undervalued silver age keys such as Strange tales 110,126,135.

Amazing Spider-man sinister six first appearances, first kingpin, etc..

undervalued DC silver age books in high grade like B&B 28,54, Hawkman 4, JLA 21, Flash 110, and in low grade Showcase 4,22, etc..

If you want a major key, I'd look at TOS 39. Your $3200 can get you a mid grade copy of that book.

If you are interested in a key issue but not so major and expensive, I'd take a look at some of the overlooked DC's. For $3200 you could get NM range copies of books like Atom 1, Aquaman 1, Hawkman 1, Metal Men 1 & Teen Titans 1(or B&B 54) These books aren't as big as the first string major keys, but if DC is successful in bringing more characters to TV/Movies then these books are old, low in the census in high grade and have significant upside potential

With a budget of $3200 I would like to pick up a CGC book with the following criteria:

- no cream colored pages

- no rips or writing on front or back cover

- no modern variants

OK, so thanks to the advice and wisdom of a boardie, I have the following title under consideration:

Fantastic Four #1 CGC 3.0

Any other suggestions for a book that you feel has good potential to increase in value over time?

1.Tales of Suspense #39 (the Batman of the Silver Age).

2. X-Men #1 (Iconic super team of the 1960s. Bigger then FF with modern mainstream culture).

3. Hulk #1 (because Hulk Smash!)

[font:Book Antiqua]

$ 3,200 eh...

1) Original Art

2) Mortgage

[/font]

(thumbs u

+1

holy I can't even imagine spending that much on a comic. My most expensive ever is $500 and it was only cause I loved the series (CHEW)

+2

Everyone's threshold is different, my comfort zone for a comic book is around $1200. I'm sure that puts me in the cheap seats, but so be it.

I like the idea of buying an AF15 if you had money to burn.