• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boba Fett is Now a Bounty Hunter for Disney - And He's Coming for Us

55 posts in this topic

How bad azz would this movie be if it was based on The Bounty Hunter Wars?

:headbang:

That or have it tie into the Republic Commando series of books. They could finally finish the story arc that got cancelled, where we were going to find out the fate of Boba Fett and the "A.W.O.L." clone troopers that were resisting the Empire.

But that most likely will never happen, after those brain-dead buffoons that were doing the animated Clone Wars series "ret-con" anything and everything that had ever been known about Mandalore and Mandalorians. Instead of a group of nomad warriors who had been fighting wars for thousands of years, they became "just another group of people". They literally flushed 30 years of backstory that Lucas and the book authors had created just because they didn't want Mandalorians to be "too violent" for the cartoon series. :facepalm:

That or have it tie into the Republic Commando series of books. They could finally finish the story arc that got cancelled, where we were going to find out the fate of Boba Fett and the "A.W.O.L." clone troopers that were resisting the Empire.

But that most likely will never happen, after those brain-dead buffoons that were doing the animated Clone Wars series "ret-con" anything and everything that had ever been known about Mandalore and Mandalorians. Instead of a group of nomad warriors who had been fighting wars for thousands of years, they became "just another group of people". They literally flushed 30 years of backstory that Lucas and the book authors had created just because they didn't want Mandalorians to be "too violent" for the cartoon series. :facepalm:

The vision George Lucas had for the Mandalorians is what went into the Clone Wars series. It has been mentioned several times that George Lucas never felt he was obligated to match his vision for what went into the movies or the cartoons with what was done in the EU. I believe Dave Filoni did the best he could to match things up with the EU, but ultimately what George Lucas wanted took precedent.

With that said, I think it is absolutely George Lucas' prerogative to use or not use what others contributed to the Star Wars cannon. He created the characters and stories that started the whole thing and if he didn't want to follow what others before him wrote, he didn't have to. I will never understand the continuous whining from Star Wars fans about how the creator and owner (at the time) of Star Wars ruined things and stepped on the EU. Seems to me like he earned the right to do that. If it wasn't for that man, we wouldn't even be able to debate these things.

Can you imagine the fans complaining about Siegel and Shuster because they had Superman fly after spending his early issues jumping? Or whining about the powers that were tacked onto the character over time like heat vision, cold breath, etc.? If Superman were published today and Siegel and Shuster were involved, we'd have Superman fans whining about how they are ruining the character. It's one thing to complain about the corporation that controls the characters, its a completely different thing to complain about the creator of the characters, IMHO.

Do fans of the Walking Dead complain that Robert Kirkman is ruining the comic book? It wouldn't surprise me ...

I hope it's not a prequel. I find them boring in general.

I want the movie to start with Fett's escape from the Sarlacc pit, because I have no idea how they'd pull that one off.

Read the book, Tales from Jabba's palace. It gives a great account of what happens to Boba Fett while in the Sarlacc Pitt, and how he escapes. Fantastic read.

The vision George Lucas had for the Mandalorians is what went into the Clone Wars series. It has been mentioned several times that George Lucas never felt he was obligated to match his vision for what went into the movies or the cartoons with what was done in the EU. I believe Dave Filoni did the best he could to match things up with the EU, but ultimately what George Lucas wanted took precedent.

With that said, I think it is absolutely George Lucas' prerogative to use or not use what others contributed to the Star Wars cannon. He created the characters and stories that started the whole thing and if he didn't want to follow what others before him wrote, he didn't have to. I will never understand the continuous whining from Star Wars fans about how the creator and owner (at the time) of Star Wars ruined things and stepped on the EU. Seems to me like he earned the right to do that. If it wasn't for that man, we wouldn't even be able to debate these things.

Can you imagine the fans complaining about Siegel and Shuster because they had Superman fly after spending his early issues jumping? Or whining about the powers that were tacked onto the character over time like heat vision, cold breath, etc.? If Superman were published today and Siegel and Shuster were involved, we'd have Superman fans whining about how they are ruining the character. It's one thing to complain about the corporation that controls the characters, its a completely different thing to complain about the creator of the characters, IMHO.

Do fans of the Walking Dead complain that Robert Kirkman is ruining the comic book? It wouldn't surprise me ...

They do. They say it`s too slow paced and not enough zombies now. Also many now prefer The Walking Dead Hollywood TV version over the Kirkman current comic book version. So yeah I say you have a point. (thumbs u

I feel about this character the same way I feel about Wolverine. All the origin stuff never happened. They are still mysterious bad asses with no fully known origin. Wolverine never wore a puffy white shirt and Fett...the prequel stuff never happened.

For some reason I think Disney will eventually team up Boba Fett and Wolverine! :o

I feel about this character the same way I feel about Wolverine. All the origin stuff never happened. They are still mysterious bad asses with no fully known origin. Wolverine never wore a puffy white shirt and Fett...the prequel stuff never happened.

For some reason I think Disney will eventually team up Boba Fett and Wolverine! :o

I prefer Boba Fett and Deadpool team-up lol

I prefer Boba Fett and Deadpool team-up lol

Not team-up, but a battle!

boba-fett-vs-deadpool_zpsaa6f613a.jpg