• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold Out and Closed: Comicdey's GGA Fiction House and......?

35 posts in this topic

Basic Rules Apply:

No probies

Shipping is $6 priority mailer, or $13 priority box in USA. Overseas will be at cost.

First :takeit: takes it

Only a few books going to be listed.

Planet 35 :news: sold This is a classic GGA comic cover with some amazing interior art as all Planet issues have. Small piece missing on the front cover right edge. Book really could use a cleaning, but I'll leave that to the next guy. Very solid lower grade copy with Creme pages. I conservatively call it a 3.0-3.5 or so. I have other planets that were lower grade that CGC gave 3.5's to. Pretty sure I overpaid for this one...to the tune of $300.

Wings 98 :news: sold I'm going to call this a Fine as it's an extremely tight copy with very little cover wear. There is a printers roll rub across the man and croc from production and there is a bit of wear on the W of wings. Theres a small stain on the back with paper color loss.

Jungle 40 :news: sold I'd love to call this a VF or better , but realistically the technical grade is a 4.0-4.5 or so. If this were a real high dollar book, I'd probably ask Matt Nelson to clean the cover and wash out a bit of the staining. This copy is extrmely nice with the tightest of spines and very little wear. It's a high grade book that was subjected to water staining damage as can be seen in the scans. Nice OW page quality and the staining is mainly confined to the cover and back.

Wild Boy 10 :news: sold Seduction of the Innocent book. Bought this as a Fine and that's what I'll sell it as, very solid and very glossy. Main defect is a vertical non color breaking scratch on the Falcon.

Jungle Comics 11. :news: sold Extremely tough Jungle book to get a hold of and one I really like having in my collection. Posted up here just because I had it scanned and I wanted to share. Grade is probably a 3.0-3.5. Solid, complete with a very slight spine roll.

I also have a few spare GGA slabs that I can't really scan well, but I'll list them here if someone has an interest, pm me your telephone number and I'll text you close up image.

Phantom Lady 17 2.0 pink pages :news: sold which was last GPA. This copy presents really nice from the front, but has some water/damage staining on the back cover.

Blue Beetle 54 5.5 $2100 (what I paid/traded for my other 5.5, this one is structurally a bit nicer but has Cr/Ow pages vs OW for my other copy) There are no real significant defects or creasing, just general spine wear. Presents really nicely for the grade. Sales of 3.5 and 4.0 were made in 2013 that were pushing $1000.

Blue Beetle 52 4.5 $400. Beautiful colors. Tiny chip missing right front edge and a tear at the upper edge along the spine keep this from being higher grade. Again, a really nice presenting copy for the grade.

Dagar 14

The slabs are quite sweet for the grades....my scanner just sux with them, so I'm not even going there. I really should just hoard them, but I want to buy more pre hero tos :lol:

Yeah Scrooge, the jungle 11 is a tough one. I luckily have a recent Planet 35 acquisition so dont feel bad about selling that undercopy. I will replace the Jungle some day. I may have to post a few more raw. Ill send images to those that pm'd when I get home in about an hour.

PM's being sent....feel free to ask for any specific close ups too on the slabs.

I do have a few more slabs that I'm considering selling, although I like to hoard a few different GGA issues.

Thanks Miamiknight3434 for the purchase of Jungle 11 and Planet 35....two excellent issues from some great runs. :banana:

Jungle 40 :takeit: Fortress per PM

Dan

Double ^^

I'll see about posting a few photos of the three slabs later tonight. I think I've texted or emailed the images to everyone that asked so far. Sweet GGA :cloud9: