• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please look at my ASM 129 Posted some Big Ol' Scans...

10 posts in this topic

This is my baby, I bought her in 93 or 94. She was in a old bag in and old steel box with about a dozen or so old comics. Some of the other books in that box were in bad shape, not in bags, chipping and dirty... But they seemed to take the damage away from a couple of nice Daredevils, X-men and this lil baby.

I had it looked at days after purchase, traded the tin and couple beat up books for the Mylar I put the others in and a set of trading cards. Anyway... I was told it was VG+ And she has been in storage ever since. I see these come up for auction and I know that with the movie over prices are slipping. Just kinda want to know a better idea of grade. I probably will slab regardless and keep it in the family..

I apologize for the download time but wanted to keep the images larger to show Everything I can...

CkgrVBZ6Qc-1.asm129.jpg

Things that do not show on that cover all that great,

couple of slight impressions in the M in aMazing

D in spiDerman

Two more between punishers knees (Thats sounds wrong)

Another to the left of scope on spidey and one that showed rather white on the scan on the upper right of scope

Corners came out clear, and The spine looks better in person than the scan.

Here is the back

HqqX7VSwQ7-2.asm129b.jpg

Lil stain on top left and TRC, it was always there... mad.gif

Left side has a slight tick or crease NOT a tear the tear is to the LRC

Do yourself a favor and don't slab it. This comic obviously has a lot of sentimetal value to you and as soon as you get it slabbed it just becomes a grade. Right now it is "your baby". Keep it that way and by the way please read it. It's a great story and this is what comics are supposed to be about, not the grade or the money. As soon as you assign a number to it people will knock your book because its not a mint copy instead of being impressed that you own the first appearance of the Punisher. Have fun with it, keep it raw.

I was told it was VG+

You were told about right, it's a VG range book.

I would say 3.5/4.0 but I've been known to undergrade once in a while. smirk.gif

I wouldn't slab it either.

If it's your grail, you want to be able to look it over every now and then.

sign-funnypost.gif

Thanks guys, I kinda forgot what it "actually" looked like until I yanked it from the long box. I dont have much invested, the mylar cost more than the book did..

I appreciate the feedback. I suck at grading, and just trying to figure out what the heck I am dealing with. I put her back in the mylar, reread the reprint I store next to her, and posted the pics. I did use my electron micro-scanner for it, I wanted an honest grade, and U all came through... again... Thanks folks...

You were right about the sentimentality, this is one of the books I could never part with. I think I have said this before about another book from that purchase.. "May not be pretty, but it's mine" To me she will always be a cloud9.gif

THANKS AGAIN

Dave

Do yourself a favor and don't slab it. This comic obviously has a lot of sentimetal value to you and as soon as you get it slabbed it just becomes a grade. Right now it is "your baby". Keep it that way and by the way please read it. It's a great story and this is what comics are supposed to be about, not the grade or the money. As soon as you assign a number to it people will knock your book because its not a mint copy instead of being impressed that you own the first appearance of the Punisher. Have fun with it, keep it raw.

Well said, I definitely agree. Dude you have the first appearance of the punisher! Hang on to it and never get rid of it!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book has been in mylar for close to 10 years, and I gave her a five minute "breather" Flashed her with a really bright light, then put her in a brand new mylar, and put her back to bed.... I got the reprint for reading. Which I did, then put in the old mylar... (probably the best kept reprint of that issue 27_laughing.gif)

Thanks for the feedback.... and thanks for looking at my book...