• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So much for the Fall crash season

9 posts in this topic

So what happens to Bat 232 after the movie is over? Does it stay hot, or drop like a rock? If you pay, what, like $1000 for this book today, will you make your money back in say, a year, when all the hype is done, and you decide to sell? What do you guys think?

Regarding Batman 232: This isn't a book that should go for more than $700 in 9.6, IMO. I think buying a book because of movie hype is bogus, anyhow. It has never, ever paid off--not for speculators, not for retail outlets, not for anybody. Think of it this way--there are two scenarios when it comes to movie hype:

1) The movie tanks and the comic book value either remains unchanged, or perhaps even plummets. (So much for the Punisher).

2) The movie does well, and there are one or two record sales of Batman 232 in a two or three month period. And that's it. A couple of months later, the movie is available at Blockbuster and nobody cares anymore. Game over.

If there's any reason to pay big dollars for a #232, it's because it's a popular book in high grade with a great cover done by a great artist. It's not even a tough book in HG. Take a look at the census--over 50 copies in NM or better!

So if you're going to buy this book, buy it because it's highgrade and in demand. But don't buy it because you're expecting to turn it over for a killing once a movie surfaces. You'll regret it later, no doubt about it.

PS I still can't get over the fact that one of the 3 9.8's sold for almost 3k via pedigree's site. Totally incredible sale. 893whatthe.gif

Bats 232 is NOT RARE IN HG - as someone who has been purchasing alot of Batman books beween 200 and 300 onver the past year and a half the census numbers might even be low. 2 reasons, 1 its a DC, sorry but Marvels out slabs DC what like 5 to 1. 2nd the Neal Adams legion of fans has seen this book preserved over the years. Adams Batmans are not sleeper books they have been on the radar for a while and its usually not hard to get one on the core series in HG.

Its only very recently that this book has come to slab market in any abundance, I expect to see a lot more of these hit the streets very soon in 9.4 or better. And having been through the spec movie bubble how many times now you'd think ppl would learn - what is the gen. rule sell 4-6 mo. out with diminishing returns after the movie hits. Kinda like the stock market of Marvel in that way.

The time to BUY was a year of so ago - I nabbed a few raw copies, its probably a year out to buy this book again.

Bonds were you serious on this one???????????