• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Age comic cover

155 posts in this topic

Originally a Bronze Age Treasury, this was reprinted in 1985 in comic sized format collecting the Hulk vs Batman story as well....

I was thinking it could be a cool Stan Lee signature with Superman on the cover...

20140113_185112_zpsc0a91458.jpg

Do you have any other foreign editions? :roflmao:

Still one of my favorites

gi-joe-comic-43.jpg

+1

I LOVED that cover - and I had forgotten about it for probably 25 years. Thanks for posting it!

:boo: How that get in there lol your right this book is from 1975 I think ?? and yes I also like it as well lol these old Atlas comics sure do look like Copper age books 2c
It's funny you say that. The cover dress of the Seaboard Atlas line looks Bronze more than anything else does. The Brute cover is only lacking a few word balloons - The Brute saying "Yearrrrgh!" and a couple of cops saying "Look out! He's using that light pole like a baseball bat!" and "If he swings at us, we're goners!"

I almost think that you can determine the essential qualities of the Copper Age by the covers - not only the drawings style but the content and the overall presentation.

Still one of my favorites

gi-joe-comic-43.jpg

+1

I LOVED that cover - and I had forgotten about it for probably 25 years. Thanks for posting it!

:banana::headbang: (thumbs u :applause:

Gotta get one signed by Zeck someday

IMG_1523.jpg

:applause::applause:

So, quick story. 1988, my friend and I go to a little comic con in Worcester, MA. We're puttering around and we come to this table for New England Comics. On the table they have Tick #1 and #2, both regular and special editions. I picked up a copy of each - all 4 - and asked the guy how much, as I was under the impression the Special Editions were being sold for like $7 each (if I remember correctly). I think the guy covering the booth wasn't paying attention, though, because he just said cover price. So my friend and I both bought copies of regular and special #1 and #2 for cover price. Of course, as you can see from this photo, the special edition doesn't actually have a price on the cover, so they charged us $1.75.

Got home and read them and they were totally awesome. :grin:

Good times. I sold my copies off a long time ago, but my friend still has his, no doubt moldering away with the rest of his collection in his garage.