• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Amazing Spider-man 300 going for so much?

149 posts in this topic

I love this book and of course own one myself, a really sharp 9.6, no jagged edge, super tight copy. I just wonder how pricey this book can really get, given the MASSIVE print run it had and the HEAVY promotion it received when it was released. There are thousands and thousands that have been CGC'd with who knows how many tens of thousands out there that are still raw. It seems to me that there will always be a ceiling on value for these, and I would say that ceiling would be about $1000 for a 9.8, with a value range of about $700-$1000. There's just too may of them and they are too readily available by the dozens at any given time.

-J.

I love this book and of course own one myself, a really sharp 9.6, no jagged edge, super tight copy. I just wonder how pricey this book can really get, given the MASSIVE print run it had

hm

and the HEAVY promotion it received when it was released.

hm

I love this book and of course own one myself, a really sharp 9.6, no jagged edge, super tight copy. I just wonder how pricey this book can really get, given the MASSIVE print run it had and the HEAVY promotion it received when it was released.

I think it all comes down to whenever I get around to sending my copies in. :insane:

If they go the route of Oscorp, Peter's dad helping to create the Venom suit, etc., do you think there is potential for growth on Ultimate Spidey #33?

I know that is a modern, but wanted to hear your opinions on it.

What the what?? Am I missing something here? Venom was the symbiote discovered in Secret Wars and then later rejected by Peter Parker.

He's talking about the ultimate universe Venom.

Oh, the one that really doesn't matter then. Got it, thanks

;)

I love this book and of course own one myself, a really sharp 9.6, no jagged edge, super tight copy. I just wonder how pricey this book can really get, given the MASSIVE print run it had and the HEAVY promotion it received when it was released.

I think it all comes down to whenever I get around to sending my copies in. :insane:

Plan on flooding the market do you? :baiting:

-J.

I love this book and of course own one myself, a really sharp 9.6, no jagged edge, super tight copy. I just wonder how pricey this book can really get, given the MASSIVE print run it had

hm

hm

Time to learn them. :)

Hyperbole useless without pics.

hm

hm

Nah. Not worth it. It's enough to say it wasn't "massively" printed, nor was it "heavily" promoted.

hm

hm

Nah. Not worth it. It's enough to say it wasn't "massively" printed, nor was it "heavily" promoted.

That's probably because I didn't say anything that was incorrect. Or maybe the over 200 copies for sale currently on ebay alone mean this was a limited run comic. lol

-J.

hm

hm

That's probably because I didn't say anything that was incorrect.

Proof?

Yup, I agree with RMA. I don't think it was promoted any more then being the anniversary issue that it was. Micheline and McFarlane had no idea VENOM was going to be as successful as he was.

I would guess the print run wasn't much more then #299 or #301.

Still a great issue and a must have for all Marvel comic collectors!

Can I prove a negative? Look I hope the book skyrockets in value like anyone else but I'm also realistic. When this book was first released I was 13 years old and everybody was talking about how spidey was going to be getting his old costume back. The Secret wars and venom was their way of making that happen after the backlash that resulted from the change of costume. It was a brilliant way to put Peter back in his costume and spin off a new villain. I love the book but there are just simply too many of them printed for this to explode in value. It has done amazingly well all things considered but I just don't see much room for further appreciation in the next ten years for these. The fact that is is an "anniversary issue" as well should further exemplify the fact that these had a higher print run than normal as well.

-J.

i was thinking about this.

it was brought up elsewhere.... "if people can no longer afford an ASM300, will they then buy _____?"

i dont think that is the case. ASM300 will always be affordable, maybe not in the grade someone would like, but they'll be handy.