• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture Parade 1 club...
1 1

31 posts in this topic

And what does NM and Nevada (where they also tested the A-bomb) have in common?

Answer: There are NO Saguaro cactus in either of those states, yet they are on the cover of the book...maybe that's why schools didn't buy many of them. The publisher couldn't get his geography right... doh!

Answer: There are NO Saguaro cactus in either of those states, yet they are on the cover of the book...maybe that's why schools didn't buy many of them. The publisher couldn't get his geography right... doh!

you are SO right! My folks still live in NM and they get really upset when they see Saguaros associated with newMexico. Thanks goodness Breaking Bad didn't ever make that mistake.

The TV show America Declassified recently did an interesting piece on the filming of John Wayne's The Conqueror downwind of the testing, and whether fallout caused cancer in Wayne and other crew members...

The TV show America Declassified recently did an interesting piece on the filming of John Wayne's The Conqueror downwind of the testing, and whether fallout caused cancer in Wayne and other crew members...

What did they conclude? hm (I'm suspecting the conclusion was a definite "maybe" :D )

I just saw on Comiclink that this comic came with an outer cover. I obviously see this was discussed before, but how about a bump for more copies? Outer cover or not!

This is one of my favorites and I was lucky enough to find an affordable copy at last year's NYCC. I have a picture a picture of it here in my group shot of my haul:

20191003_231141.thumb.jpg.60e0adf280be6311d6f4041926b48d91.jpg

Edited by PeterPark