• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

It really depends on eye appeal but let’s face it most graded above 2.5 are well out of reach for 99% of collectors so these low grade copies may be the last last chance at this grail . Prices will push on them too imo but I don’t know how much 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

If AF15 was as rare as AC1 and TEC27 my guess it would be worth more or at minimum equal or close to it. Starting to think that Spiderman is the most popular hero of all-time. I hate saying this been a Batman fanatic but if they are not close Spidey edges him.

If there is one book that could change the whole GA is greater than SA debate it is AF15.

IMO Spiderman and Batman are the two biggest on the planet . I compare them equally . Obviously the Tech 27 is much rarer comic but kids gravitate to Spiderman wether it be Peter, Miles or Gwen more . There is zero doubt that both characters have the BEST rogues gallery in comics and I give that edge to Batman all day for the darker more sinister ranks that exist in Gotham  . I think once this auction ends it’s the exclamation point on Spider-Man’s importance in pop culture and where this first appearance comic sits amongst its royal companions in DC . He’s def more than a Knight ;)!

On 9/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Subby1938 said:

IMO Spiderman and Batman are the two biggest on the planet . I compare them equally . Obviously the Tech 27 is much rarer comic but kids gravitate to Spiderman wether it be Peter, Miles or Gwen more . There is zero doubt that both characters have the BEST rogues gallery in comics and I give that edge to Batman all day for the darker more sinister ranks that exist in Gotham  . I think once this auction ends it’s the exclamation point on Spider-Man’s importance in pop culture and where this first appearance comic sits amongst its royal companions in DC . He’s def more than a Knight ;)!

Not here on the boards though.  More members gravitate towards Kang/Krang more than anything 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Dark Knight said:

Not here on the boards though.  More members gravitate towards Kang/Krang more than anything 

Yeah, but what Kang/Krang would do to you if you did not is too horrible to contemplate.  He would have no hesitation completely destroying you.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:26 AM, Dark Knight said:

And that copy only has cream-offwhite pages lol

there's a great looking 4.5 owwp copy w no chipping about to drop on CL next week. this will be a great copy to gauge where this book is at right now in this grade. (full disclosure- i have a 4.5 owwp no chipping so i hope it does well)

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2021sept%26session%3D1%26pg%3D2%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1513567&id=1513567&itemType=0

On 9/9/2021 at 8:43 AM, alexgross.com said:

there's a great looking 4.5 owwp copy w no chipping about to drop on CL next week. this will be a great copy to gauge where this book is at right now in this grade. (full disclosure- i have a 4.5 owwp no chipping so i hope it does well)

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2021sept%26session%3D1%26pg%3D2%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1513567&id=1513567&itemType=0

It's an OK copy.  Not a fan of the white spine strip and the yellowing cover (thumbsu

On 9/9/2021 at 11:09 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The 9.6 copy on Heritage just sold for $3.6M including BP.

And then, as far as I can tell, the whole live auction crashed.  I can't get in.

What do you mean crashed?