• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, Subby1938 said:

Some pretty big sales I’ve seen on low grades here’s one I found on eBay and comic connect also has 1.8 in auction that’s over 20K with two weeks left in bidding ?????

37C2D635-E12A-4D58-AE58-4FEDFDC24EAC.png

The centerfold for AF15 just sold for over 2 grand on ebay.  The whole book at 28k looks like a steal now lol 

*edit* oh, and what shocked me is there isnt even a picture of spidey on the centerfolds!   That's like buying a page from Cap 1 and getting one an add on one side and little orphan annie on the other!

Edited by waaaghboss

It was few weeks back someone snagged the opening splash single page from AF15 which was fair price imo. I’m watching CGC 1.8 blue on comic connect it’s 23K with loads of time left for bidding . Getting in on the low tier of this book now is going to be very pricey now 

Edited by Subby1938

On 9/27/2021 at 12:36 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

this (4.5) is the book that several boardies feel has yellowed, but i think looks great, and has no chipping. i'm not surprised to see it already at a record price for the grade. full disclosure, i too own one in this grade with no chipping, so i admit to being pleased. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:18 PM, alexgross.com said:

this (4.5) is the book that several boardies feel has yellowed, but i think looks great, and has no chipping. i'm not surprised to see it already at a record price for the grade. full disclosure, i too own one in this grade with no chipping, so i admit to being pleased. 

Is it free from chipping though? I was just looking at it and it looks to have some pre chipping at least just above the building. In hand it would be easier to tell.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, PKJ said:

Is it free from chipping though? I was just looking at it and it looks to have some pre chipping at least just above the building. In hand it would be easier to tell.

looks very free to me. if you consider this level of 'pre-chipping' to be an issue, i'd say you are even pickier than @pickycollector

2177E3FB-E4A9-460A-97AE-6E90FABAD7AC.jpeg

On 9/27/2021 at 9:27 PM, alexgross.com said:

looks very free to me. if you consider this level of 'pre-chipping' to be an issue, i'd say you are even pickier than @pickycollector

2177E3FB-E4A9-460A-97AE-6E90FABAD7AC.jpeg

I think it looks great, just sharing, it does look like the edge is not as sharp there, like it is above and below.

Hi everyone. So this ungraded copy sold for 15,600 on HA on Sept. 26th. https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-condition-pr/a/122139-17067.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Condition: PR . Severe water damage, front cover rub, and rusty staples. Cover split and detached. But I assume it was complete. 

lf.jpg

lf (1).jpg

Edited by Professor K

On 9/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, Professor K said:

A little question if I may: If the raw copy above sold for 15,600, then what do you think this graded, complete, but beat to heck .5 would sell for? More? Less? 

LESS, because your grade has already been fixed ar CGC 0.5 unless you go for a regrade, whereas the crypto crazed potential bidders on the raw Poor copy can still dream away and fantasize the actual grade will come in higher than 0.5 and hence bid accordingly.  :devil:  :screwy:

On 9/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, lou_fine said:

LESS, because your grade has already been fixed ar CGC 0.5 unless you go for a regrade, whereas the crypto crazed potential bidders on the raw Poor copy can still dream away and fantasize the actual grade will come in higher than 0.5 and hence bid accordingly.  :devil:  :screwy:

You know deep down I think I knew that all along. I could just picture the people bidding up that raw Poor copy while the song Dream Weaver played in their heads. 

I forgot to say- By that theory, and its a darn good one I'll tell ya, if I were gonna sell my .5 on HA I would probably be better off cracking it.

Edited by Professor K

On 9/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Professor K said:

I forgot to say- By that theory, and its a darn good one I'll tell ya, if I were gonna sell my .5 on HA I would probably be better off cracking it.

Well, if you was thinking of cracking it out to sell on HA raw, a better idea might be for you to crack it out and have HA submit it in for grading before you auction it off.  hm

With the seeming influence they have with the boys over at CGC, you never know as your CGC 0.5 graded copy might just come back as a CGC 2.0 graded copy for all you know.  :devil:  lol