• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, DC# said:

Everyone was talking about the 8.0 sale - but the 4.0 sale was actually fairly strong given the book was not particularly remarkable (OW pages, chipping, a bit of the common miswrap).    It went for $42k - most recent 4.0 sales were $37.5k (Dec), $32k (Nov), $31.2k (Nov), $36k (Oct), $41.4k (Sept), $38.4k (Sep), $39k (Aug)

1032915569_ScreenShot2023-03-03at7_28_07AM.png.9d4976e737163858846605eca7619d41.png

That's what a good ole 1st generation label bump does.  Potential to get a higher grade if pressed or re-graded and likely better PQ.

On 3/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Listed mine (CGC 6.5 off-white pages and great looking for the grade) for sale over at Comic Link

I think your asking price is overly optimistic given the results of the past months but I wish you good luck in the sale.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:29 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

People had said here (when I posted images of it a few years back) my 6.5 looks like a candidate for a 7.0 I just never wanted to send it back to CGC to risky I was OK with it the way it is. But it is a strong looking 6.5 compared to many I have seen over the years hence why I purchased it.

Definitely much much better than this CGC 6.5 graded copy with all of the fugly Marvel chipping which the graders tend to ignore:  doh!  :p

ama12.624a.jpg

On 3/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Those are not for sale. I have a decent run I collect 1-100 mostly. And no I don't own the magical #27.

Not to turn this into a Tec thread, but I only own Tec 26 at this point.  I figured 26 was 1 better than 27.... Unfortunately auction houses feel differently.   I love those pre-batman Tecs. They've just gotten really pricey. 

Of course those early post Batman Tecs aren't exactly $1 bin books. 

For AF15, I have a lowly .5 that is missing it's back cover.  Some day, when the opportunity is right, I'll try to upgrade. 

On 3/5/2023 at 4:10 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Another thing is I always buy the CGC graders notes before a big purchase and the one for my AF15 look very good as well. I have to find it I have it someone in my documents. If I had seen anything of concern I would not have purchased my book.

Notes are free now, so even if you lost them, you can recover them.  

On 3/5/2023 at 8:47 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Yes I have that one but like I said not selling my TECS will keep them till I drop then you guys can have a go at them at auction

have you ever posted pics over in Gold ? I can't recall any.

doesn't matter if they aren't for sale, you should share (at least the pics) :wink:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/5/2023 at 4:10 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Another thing is I always buy the CGC graders notes before a big purchase and the one for my AF15 look very good as well. I have to find it I have it someone in my documents. If I had seen anything of concern I would not have purchased my book.

Graders notes are free now.  Here's the link to yours:

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0087336001/

Full Right Front Cover Small Marvel Chipping
Right Top Front Cover Chip Out
Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

On 3/11/2023 at 8:48 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I feel that way about my 5.0.  I'm not saying it's the absolute nicest 5.0, given its page quality, but I don't recall seeing any 5.0s that are this nice structurally.  It's free of Marvel chipping and lacks any of the other major defects commonly seen in the grade.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ec1da43634157bb345692924e167461.jpeg

absolutely, and a fraction of the cost of a higher graded copy (which may or may not look as nice)

On 3/12/2023 at 5:08 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

This AF15 CGC 6.5 ends in a few days over at CC so far at 74k:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/992325

Actually, this CC copy here appears to be visually superior and sharp relative to its assigned CGC 6.5 grade:  :luhv:

ama12.885_1.jpg

I am surprised the consignor didn't asked it to be verified for one of those stickers as that might have given it an extra bid or two.  hm  (shrug)

On 3/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Ends tonight so far at 82 222$.

sorry to say, but it is a far more superior copy than yours so expect a strong result

Edited by Gotham Kid

Very interesting to see how the prices do as I am looking to get another copy…if it comes in my price range again! 
but other books have soften a bit so kinda hard to decide on where to put my limited funds lol. I need a lotto win so I can buy it all!!!!