• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, piper said:

I can't imagine having the necessary capital to purchase that kind of book.  Talk about disposable income...  I'll happily stick to my 3.5.

If you stay in shape and keep a good figure there are ways of making up the difference.

21 minutes ago, piper said:

I can't imagine having the necessary capital to purchase that kind of book.  Talk about disposable income...  I'll happily stick to my 3.5.

Same here. Any AF15 bought nowadays will have a premium price. Got mine in 2011.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the AF15 cgc blue 5.5 C/OW that went for $72K today at HA.  The 90-day was 40,650 (2 books) and most recent was 40,500 in December (per GPA).  That was an increase of $31,500 or roughly 78% month-to-month!  It did include very cool comments/signatures by a "Steve Ditko" and "Stan Lee" on splash page.  (:  But still, that was a very strong price for non-SS 5.5, heck even an SS 5.5 book!   Wonder if a trend.  

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about the AF15 cgc blue 5.5 C/OW that went for $72K today at HA.  The 90-day was 40,650 (2 books) and most recent was 40,500 in December (per GPA).  That was an increase of $31,500 or roughly 78% month-to-month!  It did include very cool comments/signatures by a "Steve Ditko" and "Stan Lee" on splash page.  (:  But still, that was a very strong price for non-SS 5.5, heck even an SS 5.5 book!   Wonder if a trend.  

I guess someone really wanted that Ditko sig

1 hour ago, Pantodude said:

Incredible price for a 5.5. Still a very strong book. 

8 minutes ago, DT0428 said:

I guess someone really wanted that Ditko sig

Well, of course it always takes at least two for the bidding to reach a certain level.

Honestly I had not even noticed that the book is signed.  Thanks for pointing that out.  As the owner of a 5.0 I thought this was shockingly good news for the value of my investment, but it seems that an apples-to-apples comparison would not apply here.

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Well, of course it always takes at least two for the bidding to reach a certain level.

Honestly I had not even noticed that the book is signed.  Thanks for pointing that out.  As the owner of a 5.0 I thought this was shockingly good news for the value of my investment, but it seems that an apples-to-apples comparison would not apply here.

The realized price here is ALL about the Ditko sig imho.