• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kite Fun Book giveaway.

5 posts in this topic

I bought this giveaway from Mark Wilson in 2000 and would be interested in hearing opinions on the grade.

Aside from the hole in the front cover and a small tear in the lower left fc (visible in the scan), it was

virtually perfect and might have graded VF/NM. This book guides for $400 in G and $1,200 in FN so the grade

did make a difference. I later upgraded and no longer own this copy.

kites_turned.jpg

Not really seeing the small tear in LLFC that you mention..? Assuming it's minimal (1/4" or less), I'd say this book is in the VG+/FN- range. It's always tough with these kinds of premiums - it's tempting to just say "well, without a glossy cover, this book's in NM unless there are obvious tears/bends etc." But you've still got to consider PQ, structural "tightness" and so forth.

These must be simply impossible to find in any grade if a GD copy is $400... but I still want one!! Let me know if you come across a low-grade copy cloud9.gif

In the interim, is there a site where this book is posted in its entirety? I'd love to read the whole story...

This is very difficult book to grade. Maybe it would receive qualified from CGC?

"Technically" it might be only VG but I would rather take this than a normal worn VG/Fine copy.

In fact I like high grade books with single "qualifying" defects.

btw it seems to have a very good page quality.

I actually don't like high grade books with major problems. The copy

I upgraded to doesn't have the same white pages, but it is a clean, solid

CGC FN/VF. Btw., I paid the FN price at the time and was happy with that

given how hard it is to find this book in decent shape.

The tear is the vertical dark line right at the bottom between "Disney"

and "Productions". I am not sure if the story is available on the web,

but you wouldn't miss much if it isn't: it is possibly Barks' worst story

and exclusively of historical interest.