• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I The Idjit?

66 posts in this topic

:whee: Yay, I finally get to start my own eBay thread!! :whee:

Anyway...I randomed across this eBay listing a couple few weeks ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221342985111?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 . As you can see, the title clearly states it's a Gene Colan Dracula page, but the image, subtitle and description are all about Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight. The seller had another Gene Colan page with the same title, so I figured it was just a copy/paste error and bid on it as a BS MK page.

You can see where this is going, right? lol

Anyway, I won the auction and the page just arrived today. Decent shipping and excellent packaging, all that good stuff. After a few minutes' effort I overcame all the tape and cardboard and pulled out...you guessed it...a Gene Colan Dracula page!! doh! It's a cool page, but just not something I'm interested in. I want Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight goddammit!! :sumo:

So, am I the idjit? Is the seller the idjit? Is this just the magic and wonder of living on our imperfect plane of existence? Should I return it? Should I neg the guy??!? lol

Actually I already decided what I want to do, I just wanna see what others think is the right move on this fine Friday evening.

I actually like the Moon Knight piece better too! :)

Wow. You got it for less than half what that other guy got it for.

hm Maybe I can turn this to my advantage somehow! Is there anything morally wrong with getting something for half price that someone else already paid full price for, kvetching until I get the Sienkiewicz page too, then selling this thing for as much as I can get? That's all cool right?

I actually like the Moon Knight piece better too! :)

Yeah, that first panel is pretty cool.

hm Maybe I can turn this to my advantage somehow! Is there anything morally wrong with getting something for half price that someone else already paid full price for, kvetching until I get the Sienkiewicz page too, then selling this thing for as much as I can get? That's all cool right?

How did he sell the same Colan page twice?

I had a similar thing happen....

I bid on an X-force #1 but figured it was a typo and the seller MEANT Action Comics #1!

Endless to say I was disappointed when I opened he package and saw Cable peeking out at me.

Totally the sellers fault right? I tried to explain it to him but he didn't understand...

So I negged the heck out of him.

Am I right folks?

(Kidding)

How did he sell the same Colan page twice?

He just messed up the title of the BS page sale, then saw the title, figured I won the Colan page, and shipped it to me.

I had a similar thing happen....

I bid on an X-force #1 but figured it was a typo and the seller MEANT Action Comics #1!

Endless to say I was disappointed when I opened he package and saw Cable peeking out at me.

Totally the sellers fault right? I tried to explain it to him but he didn't understand...

So I negged the heck out of him.

Am I right folks?

(Kidding)

Exactly!!