• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #2.....No Love??

64 posts in this topic

Here's my old copy from the Candy store across the street from Orange Park, NJ. One of my few OO purchases not from Sid's Luncheonette. He kept them hanging on the wall from a thick wire that had steel toothed clips.

It's a pretty decent looking copy except for that chunk missing where he ripped it down from the wall... :cry:

FFs005-1.jpg

..... You can see the nice PQ....... You're books were sweet..... I was very tempted by your 2. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Dang, I have a whole story about that pinup – well, in fact we could say it’s been one of the things which fascinated me to no end and prompted me to dig deeper in the FFs when as a kid which had just started reading them…

I did not know it was in #2… I want a #2! :cry:

Well, I want also a #1 and a #5 but they are too expensive for me… :(

P.S. I agree with Kirbyjack but I think Jim was referring to the FFs "properly understood". They are not easy to write.

95509922-3B5C-4F35-8DF9-02B63CEDA0B1_zpsbxrbuiin.jpg

With this book being a Marvel 10 center and first appearance of the Skrulls not to mention a great yellow cover and top 20 silver age book why can it still be found for what seems to be a "bargain" price (comapratively) to other silver age keys?

What??? Take a look at the value of FF#2 and compare it against any other #2 issue in the Silver Age. Is there any #2 that is more expensive than FF#2? (shrug)

Well, perhaps ASM #1 can be argued as a #2 issues (AF15 being Spidey's first appearance)

The thread is not about comparing the value of Silver Age #2 issues. The thread is about comparing the value of FF #2 to other top 20 Silver Age. If you can tell me of another top 20 book you can purchase in a 5.0 grade for under $900.00 I am all ears. Again WAY undervalued comparitively.

The thread is not about comparing the value of Silver Age #2 issues. The thread is about comparing the value of FF #2 to other top 20 Silver Age. If you can tell me of another top 20 book you can purchase in a 5.0 grade for under $900.00 I am all ears. Again WAY undervalued comparitively.

What's the difference? (shrug)

Not a whole lotta love for the cover, here. Lots of love for the rest of the book, though. Over the years I went through a few different copies, mostly super low grade "beat but complete" books, waiting for just the right copy to show up. And for me, that was a beautiful, high grade, coverless copy!

"Does any of that translate to "Excelsior!", "Sheesh!", or "Face front!" ?

Actually the lettering blurb stickers were pretty awkward: considered the italian publisher aimed the Marvel books pretty much to children, they often contained some unexpected language.

On this one, for example, you have:

– "Sono pieno di debiti" ("I am full of debts");

– "Uffa!" ("What a bore!");

– "Buffone!" ("Jester!" or "Buffoon!");

– "Ubriacone!" ("Drunkard!");

– "Traviata" ("Corrupt");

– "Mi innamoro tre volte al giorno" ("I fall in love three times a day").

You get the picture… :D