• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book removed from bound collection - Green or Blue?

25 posts in this topic

How does removing a book from a bound volume affect the grade?

I found a book that was bound together with other issues and has since been removed so it has 3 small holes in it. However, the book is intact, staples firmly attached, and looks like a high grade book.

Would a book like this get a green label acknowledging the binding holes, or a blue label with the binding holes significantly affecting the grade?

Thanks

There was a Tales of Suspense #1 for sale years ago, and I believe it may have been e-bay or one of the big dealer sites. It had three binder holes in it. I think it was an CGC 8.5 or a 9.0.

Some one else can chime in if they remember that book, but I could not believe that grade with three punched holes. (shrug)

There was a Tales of Suspense #1 for sale years ago, and I believe it may have been e-bay or one of the big dealer sites. It had three binder holes in it. I think it was an CGC 8.5 or a 9.0.

Some one else can chime in if they remember that book, but I could not believe that grade with three punched holes. (shrug)

Wow. I'll have to check that out. I've set aside quite a few great looking books over the years as simply low-grade readers.

I have a book I bought out of a bounded archive and cgc'ed as restoration due to leftover bounding glue on spine. CGC cannot properly identify unbounded books to avoid restoration.

Owner of Blastoff Comics says he is such good friends with CGC that he could talk to them to get the resto Label removed but I passed....

it was a green TOS1 with three binder punched holes graded a qualified 9.2...and it was like last year.

it was a green TOS1 with three binder punched holes graded a qualified 9.2...and it was like last year.

Thanks (thumbs u

I have a book I bought out of a bounded archive and cgc'ed as restoration due to leftover bounding glue on spine. CGC cannot properly identify unbounded books to avoid restoration.

Owner of Blastoff Comics says he is such good friends with CGC that he could talk to them to get the resto Label removed but I passed....

glue/glue damage from an obviously bound comic should be graded as a defect and not resto, as far as i know.

I think that book has color touch anyway.

I didn't buy it, but for educational purposes, where do you think there is color touch?

I didn't buy it, but for educational purposes, where do you think there is color touch?

Right on the spine, looks like some bleed through on the inside of the Front Cover.

Right on the spine, looks like some bleed through on the inside of the Front Cover.

In the second picture. On the top right, do you think the pink looking color is color touch also?

where,exactly? i see nothing. one of the holes punched in the cover lines up with the top staple, making the area look dark. i don't see anything that looks like touch bleeding though.

In the second picture. On the top right, do you think the pink looking color is color touch also?

nope. comic was a bit of a miswrap. that's where some of the red from the front cover used to be before being ripped off by glue.