• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with this marvel team up #3

19 posts in this topic

Looks like a combo of some fading + significant dirt. I'd say 7.5 or so if a substantial % of the dirt is removed.

And depending on whether that's a tear at the center TEFC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif scan's a nice size, but a little too grainy sumo.gif

I agree with the others... 7.5-8.0

Who was the artist on that cover?

I hate the torch with "hair" and the art work looks like Jr. High School stuff. crazy.gif

How much should this be downgraded for the cover fading?

OK...I'm not sure why everyone is dancing around this issue but I guess I weigh in with my opinion on your book...

Granted...the book is structurally sound and the QP ain't too shabby...but this issue has some of the best colors of any bronze issue out there...the Green border should be vibrant and glossy and the Blues and Reds should be so bright that you would think they would feel wet to the touch...

The fading on your book is fairly extreme and for this reason I think the grade should be no higher that a 6.0 ...

OK...I'm not sure why everyone is dancing around this issue but I guess I weigh in with my opinion on your book...

Granted...the book is structurally sound and the QP ain't too shabby...but this issue has some of the best colors of any bronze issue out there...the Green border should be vibrant and glossy and the Blues and Reds should be so bright that you would think they would feel wet to the touch...

The fading on your book is fairly extreme and for this reason I think the grade should be no higher that a 6.0 ...

I agree, or else the printers ran short of red ink that day!!! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif It might clean up nicely, but the colors will always be missing. Funny, I had an ASM #101 (Morbius also) that had all oranges, and no reds 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Spidey is blue and RED (repeat with emphasis!) sumo.gif

6.0?!you must be crazy screwy.gif(or stupid) thats atleast an 8.5 learn to grade insufficiently_thoughtful_person

6.0?!you must be crazy screwy.gif(or stupid) thats atleast an 8.5 learn to grade insufficiently_thoughtful_person

27_laughing.gif ...Learn not to be a ...peanuthead... 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif