• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everything else THANOS!

139 posts in this topic

Excellent stuff guys. Nice call on that Death of Captain Marvel GN.

What? No Logan's run #6 or Avengers #125???

Finally got hold of an Avengers 125 at a small show today. Not great condition, but people have been pricing these in the stratosphere lately.

That book is very difficult to find in NM - for some reason it's just not around. I sold my two NM copies for over $100.

That book is very difficult to find in NM - for some reason it's just not around. I sold my two NM copies for over $100.

Wow, it looks like Thanos is way out of control.

I don't even know if I have a NM copy - I know I bought a few on eBay, one from greggy, some others on here, but probably VF/NM at best from my recollection.

I don't even know if I have a NM copy - I know I bought a few on eBay, one from greggy, some others on here, but probably VF/NM at best from my recollection.

Yes tough book, along with Daredevil 105. The are the two giving me fits...There's an Avengers 125 on eBay right now CGC 9.4 SS. Not going to pay $350. I would pay that for a well centered 9.6 W though hm

The others, Starlin's Warlock run/Annuals are available if you have the money....just biding my time, paying off some sweet FFs :cloud9:

then I will resume

The last BA Thanos appearances I need are

Avengers 118, 125, 135, 174

Captain Marvel 58

Daredevil 105

Logan's Run 6

Warlock 9, 10, 15

Avengers ANN 7

MTIO ANN 2

I never had any trouble with DD 105, because when I was buying them, DD was dead and Thanos was not even a blip. Plus, I was buying it for the Starlin/Moondragon backstory tie-in and not Thanos.

But there are always Avengers collectors and trying to get a NM BA copy from them is a lot harder than some lame Madame Mc'Evil cover of DD.

I never had any trouble with DD 105, because when I was buying them, DD was dead and Thanos was not even a blip. Plus, I was buying it for the Starlin/Moondragon backstory tie-in and not Thanos.

But there are always Avengers collectors and trying to get a NM BA copy from them is a lot harder than some lame Madame Mc'Evil cover of DD.

Yeah I had a couple of copies of it back in the mid 80's, but now that I actually WANT one I can't even find a HG copy. One will pop up one of these days. Of all the CMs, 27 was always the most difficult for me to score a nice copy

Sure, because of the black cover, but true to find a NM copy of CM 26 that's well-centered, or at least not cut like a freak-show. I've seen more white borders on that book than any other and the book either a) had a white border or b) is cut crooked.

Sure, because of the black cover, but true to find a NM copy of CM 26 that's well-centered, or at least not cut like a freak-show. I've seen more white borders on that book than any other and the book either a) had a white border or b) is cut crooked.

Yeah you're right about the 26...always looking to find a better centered copy of that one

I forgot to mention, I probably fished at least 10 copies off Ebay that appeared or were sold as VF or NM (when they were cheap) and only found one that was actually, truly NM (9.2). Bought another one off a Boardie.

It's a cool Thanos cover and early appearance, and I think that is all there really is to it (if I recall, it's somewhere near his Captain Marvel appearances). Nothing remotely 'key' about it other than that. I only went after it because I just couldn't find the damn thing in HG, so I got all obsessed about it.

I also pulled this out. I had Bob Mcleod draw Galactus on Marvel The End at Mighty Con last year.

100_5824_zps6d7886b3.jpg

Sweet OA, I move in two weeks and have packed up my books, but will get my Thanos hoard up after we get settled.

Cheers,

Cole

I also pulled this out. I had Bob Mcleod draw Galactus on Marvel The End at Mighty Con last year.

100_5824_zps6d7886b3.jpg

Sweet OA, I move in two weeks and have packed up my books, but will get my Thanos hoard up after we get settled.

Cheers,

Cole

Hey Cole,

You know I still have not received that 9.8 IM 55 yet! :whistle:

Hope you move goes well.