• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nostomania - New Pricing Market Comments

1 post in this topic

Does anybody ever read these and how upto date are they. When they announce that a certain era of books are fetching good sums of money and they don't mention it again are we to believe that this is still the case or do we need to check ourselves. Let me give you an example of what I mean. Ive been reading their reports for the last 5 years now and one thing ive seen many times in their reports are comments like these 'The DC Sweet Spot basically, anything roughly between 1958 and 1961, and 9.0 or better, is going through the roof .' Now have things cooled because Nostomania haven't said anything lately or is the market for these books still strong. I will give you 2 examples which are currently in auction which are Supermans GF Lois Lane #28 and Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #53. Now both meet the criteria for the 'DC Sweet Spot' but unless there is a last minute bidding frenzy these books are not going to be fetching catching prices. Is this indicative of all titles that cover the 'DC Sweet Spot' era or is it only a select few titles that still fetch good prices at auction.