• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who's got the best feedback?

19 posts in this topic

jhcomics is John Hauser, I believe... a very upstanding, long-standing dealer that I would have no reservations about recommending.

As far as pos. feedback goes, it's one of the least informative sources of insight re: a dealer's

- ability to grade

- ability to pack/ship comics

- willingness to take returns

- etc. etc.

Anyone can compile massive positive feedback - I believe Hammer/Comic-keys has 100% pos. ? And that means that anyone can achieve this dubious standing...

I ran across jhcomics on eBay and was surpised to see he had over 8k feedback, 100%! Wow!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jhcomics

Got me wondering, comic book wise, is this the highest 100% feedback anyone on eBay has? I think it's quite a feat actually.

Well I am at half the feedback of Jeff Hinds and 100%

Feedback

but a little off topic would feedback like this annoy anyone?

Great customer.Thank you.SAVE AMERICA, VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY NOV. 2ND

Left to hundreds by Hinds...just curious as it's permanent confused-smiley-013.gif

It's Jef Hinds, not John Hauser. Same thing applies to him though.

jhcomics is John Hauser, I believe... a very upstanding, long-standing dealer that I would have no reservations about recommending.

As far as pos. feedback goes, it's one of the least informative sources of insight re: a dealer's

- ability to grade

- etc. etc.

Anyone can compile massive positive feedback - I believe Hammer/Comic-keys has 100% pos. ? And that means that anyone can achieve this dubious standing...

- ability to grade

- etc. etc.

I completely disagree...feedback can tell you a lot of things if the buyers leave specifics. "A positive experience" as feedback does not tell you much but if you get 100 or so feedback with great packaging and accurate grading then that says a lot.

I ran across jhcomics on eBay and was surpised to see he had over 8k feedback, 100%! Wow!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jhcomics

Got me wondering, comic book wise, is this the highest 100% feedback anyone on eBay has? I think it's quite a feat actually.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif after serious thought, I think I have the best feedback acclaim.gif It might not be 8,000 but I have some cool comments, my fav is from lighthouse "No bugaboo for you."

I agree with garth though, feedback is not as iron clad as many would make it out to be. Its a useful guide IF you read the comments, but if Comic-Keys has only one neative is that not telling. On a related note neatstuff has like 100s of negatives but keeps em rolling in week after week.

I completely disagree...feedback can tell you a lot of things if the buyers leave specifics. "A positive experience" as feedback does not tell you much but if you get 100 or so feedback with great packaging and accurate grading then that says a lot.

Well, as a dealer with 100% pos. feedback, I would expect you to feel rather more strongly about the validity/relevance of that information 27_laughing.gif

Let me re-phrase:

- It's pretty easy to have 100% pos. feedback, from what I've seen as a buyer. It may not feel easy to sellers...

- There are many stories on these boards of buyers getting burned by sellers with 100% pos. feedback.

- Keeping your feedback 100% positive can be done in various ways, some of them upstanding and impressive, others not so much.

Reading "great packaging" and "this guy knows how to grade" comments in a seller's feedback is moderately helpful - it may keep you from getting burned occasionally. But more often than not, the bulk of a seller's pos. feedback is generic sentences from frequently clueless buyers. I've seen dozens and dozens of "good service, good seller, thanks! A++++" feedback, then checked the auction only to find that the seller overgraded the book(s) by 2 - 4 full points.

Ultimately, 100% pos. feedback, taken at face value, is about as helpful and reassuring as 3 stars outta five in the old AAA travel guide; you can be pretty sure there won't be roaches in your room, but you can't assume it's going to be a perfect experience by any stretch.

Now, the converse seems to hold true more consistently: negative feedback is a clear warning sign, even in this era of retaliatory fb.

Well, as a dealer with 100% pos. feedback, I would expect you to feel rather more strongly about the validity/relevance of that information 27_laughing.gif

Let me re-phrase:

- It's pretty easy to have 100% pos. feedback, from what I've seen as a buyer. It may not feel easy to sellers...

- There are many stories on these boards of buyers getting burned by sellers with 100% pos. feedback.

- Keeping your feedback 100% positive can be done in various ways, some of them upstanding and impressive, others not so much.

Reading "great packaging" and "this guy knows how to grade" comments in a seller's feedback is moderately helpful - it may keep you from getting burned occasionally. But more often than not, the bulk of a seller's pos. feedback is generic sentences from frequently clueless buyers. I've seen dozens and dozens of "good service, good seller, thanks! A++++" feedback, then checked the auction only to find that the seller overgraded the book(s) by 2 - 4 full points.

Ultimately, 100% pos. feedback, taken at face value, is about as helpful and reassuring as 3 stars outta five in the old AAA travel guide; you can be pretty sure there won't be roaches in your room, but you can't assume it's going to be a perfect experience by any stretch.

Now, the converse seems to hold true more consistently: negative feedback is a clear warning sign, even in this era of retaliatory fb.

Yes I do think a 100% feedback rating is very relevant especially for myself blush.gif I have actually had buyers tell me they bought off me specifically because of my 100% feedback rating. Now I don't think that is the correct method to use. But to many it seems extremely relevant.

It is not easy to maintain 100% positive feedback. I have taken some lumps from people that just don't have a clue or could care less and that's fustrating. I agree with what you said generic feedback and 100% positive makes for a mediocre looking seller. So buyers should take the time and consider all aspects of feedback as one source of information on the seller, their rating, their number of negatives, type of feedback people leave for the person Specific VS Generic etc.

I always thought about BINning something from you, leaving a Negative fedback right away with the qualifying statement: "great seller but I just wanted to mess up his perfect feedback. Thanks!" devil.gif
devil.gif Thankfully both you and Greggy, who makes the same threat at least once a month but without the qualifier Christo_pull_hair.gif, are too nice to do that. cloud9.gif

Big: I understand that from a seller's perspective, having 100% pos feedback may seem fairly important. I'm merely saying that

- 100% pos. feedback is really no indication that the seller is truly upstanding

- it's pretty easy to inflate your positive feedback if you want to

- Many people have acknowledged leaving pos feedback in situations that, to my way of thinking clearly called for neutral or neg feedback

eBay LIKES the system - it keeps product moving and keeps the fees rolling in. The more or less completely ineffectual feedback system on eBay is in the same category with their 'fraud prevention/detection' mechanisms... it's only helping sellers and doesn't do anything for buyers.

Big: I understand that from a seller's perspective, having 100% pos feedback may seem fairly important. I'm merely saying that

- 100% pos. feedback is really no indication that the seller is truly upstanding

- it's pretty easy to inflate your positive feedback if you want to

- Many people have acknowledged leaving pos feedback in situations that, to my way of thinking clearly called for neutral or neg feedback

eBay LIKES the system - it keeps product moving and keeps the fees rolling in. The more or less completely ineffectual feedback system on eBay is in the same category with their 'fraud prevention/detection' mechanisms... it's only helping sellers and doesn't do anything for buyers.

I agree with what your saying that there are circumstances and many a reported time were 100% positive feedback is completely ineffective in judging a sellers character. I think however when you get into my area and high number of feedback it is hard to hide that you have screwed people or not. People who have 100% FB but make their FB private are trying to hide something, that goes without saying.

On a Side note when judging feedback a real good indictor is not just the number of feedback but the overall feedback record. How many feedback received total. It's a good indicator that people are returning to buy from the seller again and again. Example: 4102 Unigue Feedback but All positive feedback received: 8406

Yes that's mine blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifcloud9.gif

I have 98.9% because of one lame dealing I had when I first started on eBay...the guy refused to ship to the product to me. I had to go through Square Trade to have the feedback removed (which they did ) but the one negative STILL shows up...ARG!!! How does that happen. You can see where they said removed, but it still shows up. Any advice on getting that removed???

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...mp;frompage=222

A lot of my feedback probably doesn't count because it is for car parts to restore my 1970 SS Camaro.

Thanks guys, with your help I fixed the problem and my feedback is now 100%.

With all this talk about feedback, have you ever noticed what some of your fellow forums members have bought on eBay? I was just looking through the feedback and there is some really funny/strange/odd/cool stuff being bought by you guys.