• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE TRIAL AND TRIUMPH OF ONE NEWTSAMSON:MAN OF MYSTERY

118 posts in this topic

So let me get this straight....all you gotta do if you want to be a CGC Grader is turn up at the offices in Sarasota dressed as Superman, and the job is yours (I assume the 'tache is optional)?

I'm flying there now. At super-speed. Come on, Krypto, up, up, and away..............

So let me get this straight....all you gotta do if you want to be a CGC Grader is turn up at the offices in Sarasota dressed as Superman, and the job is yours (I assume the 'tache is optional)?

I'm flying there now. At super-speed. Come on, Krypto, up, up, and away..............

Apparently you don't need to have any sort of background experience either. I can understand the hiring of West, because he has been involved with high profile books and collectors.

Apparently you don't need to have any sort of background experience either. I can understand the hiring of West, because he has been involved with high profile books and collectors.

Hey, lets' not leave out the low profile books and collectors either! insane.gif

West

Hey, lets' not leave out the low profile books and collectors either! insane.gif

West

Are you talking about the Lowest Common Denominators? Even I wouldn't associate with them. gossip.gif

Nothing against Newt, I'm sure he is a great guy. Yet, the same arguement that is always made against CGG/PGA, 3PG, and ACE is the qualifications of the graders. Unless the grader is well known there is a generally feeling of amatuerishness.

Nothing against Newt, I'm sure he is a great guy. Yet, the same arguement that is always made against CGG/PGA, 3PG, and ACE is the qualifications of the graders. Unless the grader is well known there is a generally feeling of amatuerishness.

Ok Rick, just say it one time to clear the air IS NEWT'S QUALIFICATIONS YOUR ONLY ISSUE

OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE BOTHERING YOU ABOUT HIM WORKING FOR CGC ???

BECAUSE I FOR ONE THINK IT IS GREAT FOR NEWT AND CGC!!!!! sign-rantpost.gif

I think it's great for CGC to address the problem of needing more graders, however I am not sure Newt is qualified to be a grader. I don't know anything about Newt, and could be wrong about this.

I would like to see someone who has experience with books of all genres and all ages. Someone who has some expertise and knowledge about comics. Someone who does not think of this as the ultimate uber-geek job, but cares for the hobby in general.

Obviously Steve B. feels Newt is qualified for the job, so we will see if it works.

I think it's great for CGC to address the problem of needing more graders, however I am not sure Newt is qualified to be a grader. I don't know anything about Newt, and could be wrong about this.

I would like to see someone who has experience with books of all genres and all ages. Someone who has some expertise and knowledge about comics. Someone who does not think of this as the ultimate uber-geek job, but cares for the hobby in general.

Obviously Steve B. feels Newt is qualified for the job, so we will see if it works.

Rick thats the nicest thing you have posted in a long time. You know me and I think I know you

so yes lets see if it work. Thanks for 'clearing the air' cloud9.gifflowerred.gifangel.gif

Just to get the record straight people. I'm not being hired as a grader.

I'm being hired as a trainee.

A trainee? Training for what Newt? I am not a Lowest Common Denominator here, we know what you are training for. poke2.gif

All I am saying is that they could have gotten anybody and trained them to grade. I would like to sombody with more credentials than the ability to show up for work everyday.

A trainee? Training for what Newt? I am not a Lowest Common Denominator here, we know what you are training for. poke2.gif

All I am saying is that they could have gotten anybody and trained them to grade. I would like to sombody with more credentials than the ability to show up for work everyday.

Ah, you're just ENVIOUS. Justifiably so, though. I'd definitely like to see how CGC operates from the inside. Perhaps you could get Newty to have a micro - camera fitted inside the lapel of his jacket.

Ah, you're just ENVIOUS. Justifiably so, though. I'd definitely like to see how CGC operates from the inside. Perhaps you could get Newty to have a micro - camera fitted inside the lapel of his jacket.

Yeah...I'm jealous that I'll see his name as signing for the packages that I send to them via fedex! makepoint.gif

Steve B. has stated that he would be happy to show board members a tour of the CGC facility if they are in Sarasota. Just give him notice when you will be there and I'm sure he will happy to give you a tour.

Yeah...I'm jealous that I'll see his name as signing for the packages that I send to them via fedex! makepoint.gif

You can't beat that sort of pre-eminence, especially in the comic community. tongue.gif

Newty will be a household name in no time. Well, one house anyway.