• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Tomato Boxer: Avengers #126

13 posts in this topic

Diva, nice book! I think that it is everybit as nice as the DD 181 I had on the oher day. Probably nicer, 9.6 it is.

Also, what it the name of all that is good and holy is a "tomato boxer" it sounds like a reference to the paper you put on the bottom of tomato boxes. screwy.gif

Diva, nice book! I think that it is everybit as nice as the DD 181 I had on the oher day. Probably nicer, 9.6 it is.

Also, what it the name of all that is good and holy is a "tomato boxer" it sounds like a reference to the paper you put on the bottom of tomato boxes. screwy.gif

Arex,

Here's a link to the Tomato Box story: Tomato Box Pedigree

I later discovered, upon closer inspection that these were actually California tomato boxes, and not good ol' Connecticut River Valley tomato boxes! Much better story than Chuck Rozanski's "chicken boxes" in the latest issue of CBG! Man, he was slummin'! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

at least a 9.4...........

the upper and lower right front corners may not be sharp enough for a 9.6 and that tiny little tear on the upper left back corner probably seals the deal on a 9.4, but who knows. a nice white beauty!!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

at least a 9.4...........

the upper and lower right front corners may not be sharp enough for a 9.6 and that tiny little tear on the upper left back corner probably seals the deal on a 9.4, but who knows. a nice white beauty!!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nice book....I'm gonna say 9.4...i think i see a tiny spine stress at the top (black) are...and corners seem to have a touch of wear...just not an "easy" 9.6!

Looks white too! thumbsup2.gif

I think this is a great example of how white these BA books can be. The BC here has never "tasted" Wonder bread 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Also, the tiny flaws to the BC corners appear to be bindery in nature, as opposed to wear 893scratchchin-thumb.gif