• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 on the bay, comments?

30 posts in this topic

I recall this book selling in a recent auction like 1 or 2 years ago, with CC or Clink or HA?

Are you thinking about the actual court copy?

Neither copy has sold publicly recently. The actual court stamped copy Jon berk owns and this copy has been owned by bob for at least 10yrs. Probably much longer.

Here it is......

Unbelievable book. A true centerpiece of superhero history. Wow ...

And oh, wasnt action #1 court copy (cgc 6.5) auctioned one or two years ago?

I recall this book selling in a recent auction like 1 or 2 years ago, with CC or Clink or HA?

Are you thinking about the actual court copy?

Neither copy has sold publicly recently. The actual court stamped copy Jon berk owns and this copy has been owned by bob for at least 10yrs. Probably much longer.

Here it is......

Unbelievable book. A true centerpiece of superhero history. Wow ...

And oh, wasnt action #1 court copy (cgc 6.5) auctioned one or two years ago?

Sure was. I believe a boardie owns that too

Bob underwood (bluechip) has owned it as long as I've known him. It's a copy used in court but is not the court copy (Jon berk owns that I believe. Jbcomics)

Is Bluechip located in the LA area?

I thought he from the mid south area?

yes. LA area

I believe he changed his eBay user id

Hi, Rick.

Your info is right. "comix4college" reflect that the proceeds are for tuition, which is daunting when the kids want to be doctors and lawyers and such and you live in one of those first world countries which doesn't have free universities..

I did not buy this directly from Jerry Weist but I did see some of the stragglers. I I understand that before Jerry Weist obtained it this was briefly owned by Vince Oliva (who sent it back to Jerry Siegel and purchased Siegel;s Superman 4 in its stead), then when Jerry Weist obtained it in the 1990s along with many other Siegel items (including the typewriter) Robert Roter bought it and I bought it from him.

The listing refers to the 1939 case but it might be a good idea to embellish that a bit so people don't confuse the 1947 Siegel-Shuster case with the 1939 Fox-DC case (which I understand is the origin of the "Court copies" -- as well as the original source of the scanned exhibits I posted for reference).