• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 on the bay, comments?

30 posts in this topic

First thing(s) that jump out at me aside for the starting price:

1) What/who is "CGSA"?

2) The label. Does it suggest "fair" FR, then 6.0-5.5?

3) Is the label from court records or the actual book listed?

4) Is there any article/record from Jerry Weist regarding the provenance of this book?

Bob underwood (bluechip) has owned it as long as I've known him. It's a copy used in court but is not the court copy (Jon berk owns that I believe. Jbcomics)

I recall this book selling in a recent auction like 1 or 2 years ago, with CC or Clink or HA?

Are you thinking about the actual court copy?

Neither copy has sold publicly recently. The actual court stamped copy Jon berk owns and this copy has been owned by bob for at least 10yrs. Probably much longer.

Bob underwood (bluechip) has owned it as long as I've known him. It's a copy used in court but is not the court copy (Jon berk owns that I believe. Jbcomics)

Is Bluechip located in the LA area?

I thought he from the mid south area?

yes. LA area

I believe he changed his eBay user id

I recall this book selling in a recent auction like 1 or 2 years ago, with CC or Clink or HA?

Neither copy has sold publicly recently. The actual court stamped copy Jon berk owns and this copy has been owned by bob for at least 10yrs. Probably much longer.

I must be thinking about the Action #1 court copy [or was there another issue with the court stamp that had been auction in recent times?]

Is Bluechip located in the LA area?

I thought he from the mid south area?

yes. LA area

I believe he changed his eBay user id

Yes, he has changed it quite a few times:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=comix4college

I must be thinking about the Action #1 court copy [or was there another issue with the court stamp that had been auction in recent times?]

I believe you are thinking about Sparkle City Comics. They had a "Court Copy" Action #10, low grade, on Ebay a few months ago. It went for approx. 45K.

I believe you are thinking about Sparkle City Comics. They had a "Court Copy" Action #10, low grade, on Ebay a few months ago. It went for approx. 45K.

(thumbs u

Here it is......

144278.jpg.63e42e8710e0a00261f55c697cf78636.jpg