• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Uncanny X-Men #297 Pressman Variant Gold Edition (Grade Reveal!)

14 posts in this topic

So I'm going through my comics to see what is worth what and I came across this. Apparently, as a kid, my parents bought me the X-Men Adventure board game and it came with this comic. Like most freebie comics during the 90s, I paid it no attention until tonight. Come to find out this could be on of the rarest X-Men comics ever made. So I quickly scanned it and got it up here to see what you all think.

UncannyX-Men297GoldEditionFront_zps16d9d354.jpeg

UncannyX-Men297GoldEditionBack_zpsf8a41f31.jpeg

You have two edges cut off on each scan. It looks to be in decent shape, but it's hard to nail it down with those edges not shown. Try re-scanning it with the comic 1/2 inch or so off the edges of the scanner bed and we'll all have a better idea of what exactly this comic looks like.

-slym

So this is on it's way back from CGC and I know the grade.

This came back as a 9.0

Now, this is the only 9.0 out of 14 books on the census…how do I gauge it's value without selling it?

congratualtions.gif on the grade! I am assuming that it was pressed before being submitted?

…maybe…. :gossip:

Yeah, it was. It is interesting how the pressing works. You can barely tell by the pics but in the first you can see a few CBCs and the graded copy has just flat color breaks without the creasing. Looks a little strange but it presents extremely well.