• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calvins and Hobbes Orginal Art

8 posts in this topic

Given the new movie and the fact that Bill Watterson only licensed a few items, I was wondering if any collectors had any of the artwork from any of the production strips. I recall that a friend of mine from middle school actually wrote a letter to Bill and received a personalized greeting back from Calvin and Hobbes.. it was pretty neat.

Watterson gave most of the C&H art to Ohio State. I have a Watterson autograph and that's likely the closet I'll ever get to the original art.

You can get closer - physically if not ownership.

“We’re looking forward to exhibiting the work of two wonderful cartoonists, Bill Watterson and Richard Thompson, in the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum’s new exhibition galleries from March 22 to July 6,” curator/ professor Jenny E. Robb tells Comic Riffs today in a statement.

In addition to the show at the Billy Ireland library/museum — which next month will host its triennial Festival of Cartoon Art — Thompson recently announced that his publisher, Andrews McMeel, will come out next May with “The Complete Cul de Sac,” a 656-page set of books that includes an inspired introduction by the Pulitzer-winning Art Spiegelman.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/comic-riffs/post/calvin-meets-cul-de-sac-bill-watterson-richard-thompson-say-theyre-happy-to-share-new-two-man-osu-show-next-march-dates-announced/2013/10/16/1a3f417c-3547-11e3-80c6-7e6dd8d22d8f_blog.html